Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider gays to be a threat to American society?
Yes 13 17.33%
No 61 81.33%
Not sure 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 05:38 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
How long do you figure it'll be until Santorum is caught getting paddled by a tranny hooker in a hotel room?
LOL. Best post ever.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:46 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Jump to conclusions much?
Seriously, you have tried to equate being gay with pedophilia throughout this thread, which is a fallacy.
Sheesh!

Only in your distorted version of what I said. I never even suggested that homosexuality and pedophilia were "equal". Never even used that word.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I thnik its more or less tit for tat. that gays complain is kind of silly looking at their tactics.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
Rick Santorum is declaring war on gays. He says they've waged a "jihad" against him over same-sex marriage.

Santorum

Huh...huhu...huhuhu...huhuhuhuhu <<< Insert Beavis and Butthead laugh track here....

I was reading Savage Love during the time the readers chose Santorum as... well, gay stuff. "Jihad" was not an active part of America's lexicon at the time. Santorum would do just as well to throw himself into a brick wall.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It's called "thinking ahead". I won't be here for whatever will be coming to pass but many of you will. I just think it's a bit humorous thinking of what will be coming 'round the mountain in the coming decades that will bite many of you in the butt.
If we as a society are neither unable nor unwilling to take each issue for its own merits and considerations, we deserve what's coming anyway. Equality for gays now is the right thing. 50 years down the road if society does something stupid, it won't be because of doing the right thing in the present.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Only in your distorted version of what I said. I never even suggested that homosexuality and pedophilia were "equal". Never even used that word.
I never said that you used that word.
But you certainly have inferred it, and not in just this thread.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:25 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,303 times
All jokes or anger or praise aside. Isn't Santorum really kind of "pulling the goalie" here. I mean he's getting buried in this race. He'll do anything, say anything to get some attention, even if it's negative. He's gambling he can score enough points with certain demographics to either get somewhat back in this race or go down in flames. To this point he has been dying a slow death. Throw anything at the wall, maybe something will stick.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
My two cents:

Santorum is an idiot and not a serious contender for the office of the Presidency. His campaign of scapegoating gay people shows how desperate he is to make headlines.

These rantings and ravings by Santorum and some other Republicans like Michele Bachmann are a tactic to play to their most hard-core base of ultraconservative Christian fundamentalists. As soon as the real candidate is chosen, you will see that candidate bend over backwards trying to explain why he or she "respects" our fellow gay citizens and isn't in favor of prejudice against them ... we saw John McCain do that very thing on The Ellen Degeneres Show.

I am not suggesting these politicians will come out in favor of same-sex marriage. What I am saying is that they will moderate their tone when speaking to a broader audience.

The LGBT Community in America is becoming a recognized and significant voting bloc in the country. The defeat of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" (DADT) in the military, the legalization of same sex marriage in New York State, etc., are all indicative of the growing might and power of this minority.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
I just find it ridiculousy absurd that two grown adult people who love each other being of the same sex have to be "judged" if they can marry each other or not! If I had my way ? Santorum wouldn't be "procreating"!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Ever heard of social conservatives listing the names and addresses of political foes on a website to promote threats, intimidation and violence against them?
Anti-abortion activists. Some even strike through the names of murdered doctors.

Then again, your entire premise is as wrong as could be expected.

The Prop 8 supporters weren't listed on the website of their "political foes", they were listed on a CA government website, because that is CA law for supporting ballot initiatives. Your vote is secret, but if you're paying somebody to speak on your behalf, you have to be prepared to own up.

Once they realized that their behavior could have consequences for themselves, not just those less-worthy gay people, they of course screamed like stuck pigs. Imagine, having to admit their bigotry? That gays and others would find out and not like it? That wasn't supposed to be part of the deal!

So they tried to have the disclosure rules changed after the fact because they're good Christians and so not bound by law (or something, their arguments were so flimsy nobody remembers any more), and the courts told them to go pound sand. Which of course made them feel persecuted and victimized, so I guess they got their money's worth - that seems to be their preferred state of mind, after all. Santorum being, obviously, a case in point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies