Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Heres a little something for you.
Newsvine - The End of The Tea Party... BAD News... Unfavorability Rapidly Rising (http://addmorejuice.newsvine.com/_news/2011/08/29/7515148-the-end-of-the-tea-party-bad-news-unfavorability-rapidly-rising - broken link)
The Newsvine? Really? The "High Times" agrees with your assessment too. As you said, we shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
LOL! We will see at the next election. But, I'm sure when they win even more seats, you will spin it that their destruction has been sealed and that they are hated more than the devil now.
Shucks, I like the devil.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:23 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
I know but yet they keep believing they speak for everyone.
Merely your perspective, nuttin' more.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Tea party is not about that stuff. Thats just a front. Nothing but neo-cons and bush lovers. They stated their real goal. Obama Obama Obama
Quite possibly the most ignorant and purposely uninformed post of the year based on the fact that you've never been to a Tea Party meeting, event, group nor have you ever really spoken to anyone in the Tea Party.

EVERYTHING you say comes from a position of extreme and uncontrolled IGNORANCE while you seem to be quite happy perpetrating.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Tea Party is growing in both political parties.
Stop the out of control spending.
Lower and pay off national debt.
Shrink government.
Lower expectations that government is the sollution for your life.
Be more fiscally conservative with our money.

Not outrageous except to people dependent on the dole and politicians wanting power.
Exactly, if you don't agree with this you're a blind moron.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
According to the TP. They're the ones who keep slapping the RINO label on anyone on the right who disagrees with them. So logically, they think they're the only "true" Republicans. I do understand that there's a difference between conservatives/Republicans and Tea Partiers. Conservatives are the sane ones--or saner, at least.
I'm in the Tea Party, I've been in since 2007 and I've never been a Republican nor have I ever done anything to support them. None of the Tea Party members I know support Republicans nor did they vote for Bush. The last thing I want to be is a true Republican. I'm a conservative, plain and simple.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Heres a little something for you.
Newsvine - The End of The Tea Party... BAD News... Unfavorability Rapidly Rising (http://addmorejuice.newsvine.com/_news/2011/08/29/7515148-the-end-of-the-tea-party-bad-news-unfavorability-rapidly-rising - broken link)
The only poll that means anything is the 2012 POTUS election, nobody is wasting their time on anything until then.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
And yet, according to the article linked in the OP...."liberal" still leaves the worst taste in the mouth of the American public. Seems the OP missed that part.

Quote:
The much maligned label “liberal,” which prompted most liberals to begin calling themselves progressives, still struggles along in last place. Twenty-one percent think calling a candidate a liberal is positive, while 38 percent view it as a negative. That compares to a low of 17 percent and 44 percent respectively in January of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Tea Party is growing in both political parties.
Stop the out of control spending.
Lower and pay off national debt.
Shrink government.
Lower expectations that government is the sollution for your life.
Be more fiscally conservative with our money.

Not outrageous except to people dependent on the dole and politicians wanting power.
I agree with you. However, tea party members that believe as you state need to find a good way to seperate themselves from the superstitious branch that receives so much publicity.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:18 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm in the Tea Party, I've been in since 2007 and I've never been a Republican nor have I ever done anything to support them. None of the Tea Party members I know support Republicans nor did they vote for Bush. The last thing I want to be is a true Republican. I'm a conservative, plain and simple.
I believe you, but then why is every single member of the House tea party caucus aligned with the GOP? How come so many in 2010 voted for the GOP and not the libertarians? Because to the outside world it sure looks like the Tea Party is a wing of the GOP.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:00 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
On the surface tea partiers don't seem all that bad.

A bunch of old people who are against raising taxes (for the rich), support cutting programs (for the poor) and support the Constitution (only 2nd Amendment). Who an argue with that?

Until you see the signs and hear the rhetoric. I'm all for lower taxes and balancing a budget, I'm not ok with comparing Obama's family to apes and telling him to go back to Africa. Not cool at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies