Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 06:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Myth 1 Tea Party Cares About Economic Stewardship...These guy would bankrupt the country in a second if they could expand Medicare for themselves..Remember Medicare Part D
They paid into the program, by law. They get back what they paid into.

Quote:
Myth 2...Tea Party Wants Entitlement Cuts....Thats a joke these guys are buried deep into entitlement. Medicare, SS, Medicaid, VA, and on down the line.
All earned. Unlike you.
Quote:
Myth 3...Tea Party faces government persecution...Thats a joke... has any Tea Partier been charged with anything.
Hello. IRS scandal anyone?
Quote:
Myth 4. Tea Party ignores social issues. The Tea Party always claims they could care less about gay marriage, marijuana, abortion, etc...Find a Tea Partier who supports a womans right to abortion..you cant find one. They are a bunch of liars.
Naw. They just don't like murdering babies. Unlike liberals.

Why do I bother? This fool has a hardon for a political group that borders on obscene and lecherous.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Someone has an Ahab complex.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They paid into the program, by law. They get back what they paid into.

All earned. Unlike you.
Hello. IRS scandal anyone?
Naw. They just don't like murdering babies. Unlike liberals.

Why do I bother? This fool has a hardon for a political group that borders on obscene and lecherous.
Agreed.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Scooters?
Of course they think the Tea Party consists of only retired people. They like that myth, because it fits with their criticism.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:33 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,861,580 times
From what I understand the so called tea party is not even an organized political party, how can you make any statement about there members when they don't even have members or an organized party.

bill

Old 03-02-2014, 06:36 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,179,053 times
The Tea Party (Taxed Enough Already) people I know are all working class employed folks who are tired of their contributions to society being squandered on the leeches and their views being belittled and ridiculed. Maybe if the OP moved out of his parents basement, got a job, became a functioning and contributing member of society he'd be a bit fed up with the leeches too. I guess it's easier to believe a false caricature of a certain group than actually consider that they do have legitimate concerns with the direction of this country.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,848 times
Ah, don't worry about the Tea Party. All they want are tea bags.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:15 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
The hatred by the left for their fellow citizens with a different political philosophy really amazing.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
The Tea Party (Taxed Enough Already) people I know are all working class employed folks who are tired of their contributions to society being squandered on the leeches and their views being belittled and ridiculed. Maybe if the OP moved out of his parents basement, got a job, became a functioning and contributing member of society he'd be a bit fed up with the leeches too. I guess it's easier to believe a false caricature of a certain group than actually consider that they do have legitimate concerns with the direction of this country.

My 16 year old daughter understands the constitution and knows full well what personal liberty means.

I'm pretty sure if she was voting age she would be classified and labeled Tea Party.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:22 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
Tea Partiers main concern is when their next check arrives. Why is it almost every single one is on SS, Medicare, Tricare, VA, or some other government check? They are certainly concerned that if someone else gets a benefit theirs might get cut. I will give you that they are looking out for themselves and masking it around the "concern for the country".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies