Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
As a card carrying member of the liberal left, I can say you are totally wrong in your characterization of how the left feels about Monica. After 18 years I think MOST people---right or left---are able to have sympathy (and forgiveness) for all she's gone through for her part in the scandal.
It would be nice if you are right... the OP counters your take.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Can The Tea Party Still Use Monica Lewinsky Against Hillary?

Of course they can.

And they no doubt will.

That's not the question.

The real question is will it be an effective strategy?

No, it won't. The GOP's entire thrust is to continue their policy priority of shifting more resources to the uber-wealthy while leaving an ever shrinking slice of the pie to working folks. But their public face is that of culture warriors, standing up for "family values" and paying lip service to the fears of an aging, frightened base.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:56 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
No, please leave that woman alone. She's been through enough.
Sorry, SHE is the one who just came out with an interview in Vanity Fair. If SHE wanted to be left alone SHE would NOT have put herself in the public limelight.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:59 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry, SHE is the one who just came out with an interview in Vanity Fair. If SHE wanted to be left alone SHE would NOT have put herself in the public limelight.
I was just thinking and the other women that Bill Clinton abused and was threaten really paints a bad picture for Mr. Clinton. Mrs. Clinton by not acting is just as guilty. Too bad for 2016!

Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,004,097 times
Keep in mind that it wasn't Hillary that had the affair with Lewinsky - if Bill was running she'd be an issue in the campaign, but I don't think we'll see that with Hillary. Hillary might not have Lewinsky dragging her down, but she's got Benghazi which is (or at least should be) much worse.

Also, these issues have nothing to do with the Tea Party, which didn't even exist in the 1990's; these are issues that would come up in any campaign of any ideological affiliation that competes with Hillary.

This whole topic is proof that Hillary shouldn't run - it would be an impediment to the progress of the country for Americans to have to discuss Hillary and all of her dirty laundry from the 1970's-2000's for the next 10 years; they should move into the future with a fresh start, not cling to the past and people from the past.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
As a conservative, I've got to give Monica Lewinsky a break. She was crucified in the press and I think it's stupid of her to bring herself back into the fray but I can see her point too. Maybe it's because I hate when people just pile on. Maybe I have a thing for underdogs. Who knows. She was a stupid kid for doing what she did. Bill Clinton was a lecher for doing what he did. And Hillary was ridiculous for blaming Lewinsky instead of her husband. I tell you - from where I sit - it was the Democrats who treated her the worst. The conservatives blamed Bill Clinton. The Democrats blamed Monica Lewinsky.
Sorry, I can't agree. "She was a stupid kid" She was a 23 year old college graduate.

Remember the left call "girls" "women' when they want to let them decide on abortion WITHOUT parental knowledge or permission. They call them "women" ANY time it helps their cause and use emotion, which is their ONLY tool, in their arguments.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course they can.

And they no doubt will.

That's not the question.

The real question is will it be an effective strategy?

No, it won't. The GOP's entire thrust is to continue their policy priority of shifting more resources to the uber-wealthy while leaving an ever shrinking slice of the pie to working folks. But their public face is that of culture warriors, standing up for "family values" and paying lip service to the fears of an aging, frightened base.
I know you are not this naive. You act as if the dems don't do the EXACT same thing you are so upset about with the repubs.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:09 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,177,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If they attempt to use monica against Hillary I suspect it will backfire badly. REALLY badly.

We don't need Monica. We got:

1. Being tossed from the Watergate hearings
2. Whitewater
3. Vince Foster
4. White House Travel Office
5. Rose Law Firm missing billing records
6. Bengazi
7. Zero accomplishments as Sec of State
8 . Being part of the Obama Regime

Old 05-07-2014, 07:12 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,685 times
Default The Tea Party is The Republican Party...Who Are They Fooling

How long can the Republican party pull off the charade about the Tea Party that somehow they--main stream Republicans are Republican moderates and then there is a Tea Partier who is further to the right. Thom Tillis in North Carolina is another example of a far right wing Tea Party type being passed off as a moderate. Thats the new Republican party.."We are all moderates" but we oppose abortion, obamacare, minimum wage, immigration reform, extending unemployment, food stamps, medicaid, etc...but dont forget we are moderates.
It looks like we will have to put up with two years of nuttiness before the Tea Party base dies....actually dies.

The Tea Party Won Its Final Victory Last Night | Mother Jones

Tea Party nut in RINO’s clothing: Meet North Carolina’s real Thom Tillis - Salon.com

Old 05-07-2014, 07:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Sigh. No the tea party is not the republican party. There are significant differences.

And dont use Mother Jones links thinking they are a good source of data. They're no better then Fox news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies