Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Infertile couples want an infant of their own race to adopt. This is normal, natural, and totally understandable. The infants in foster care tend to be non white, and many blacks and hispanic do not approve of infants being adopted outside their race and have taken steps to prevent it. It is not even possible legally to adopt a Native American baby unless the adoptive parents can prove they are part Native American. The children in foster care in America are either older or have developmental and behavioral problems, and inexperienced couples who have never been parents before should not be taking on these children. It's not even in the best interest of the child. There are many sad and tragic stories surrounding adoption of these kinds of kids.
Guess what? You can expect a LOT more kids with developmental and behavioral problems if women are forced against their will to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term and give birth to an unwanted child.

Research the effects of maternal stress on fetal development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
whatever, that's quite a bitter sounding rant. as a woman, I don't believe for one second that enjoying lots of good sex and abortion, should ever have to go hand in hand. One is beautiful and good and an incredible GOD- GIVEN GIFT, the other is ugly, morbid, bloody, gorey, deathly, and hurts people all around for a very long time, all too often. what do you want? should all women just turn off our emotions and pretend not to have a heart? maybe we should violently rip out the results of our love relationship from our bodies? or pretend not to be women and mothers? only think about competing with men? I'd rather get along with mine, and have a beautiful relationship of mutual supportiveness and love and complementarity to each other. Like Feminists for Life likes to say, "our children are not the enemy". Moms who have kids, usually know this. I wonder whose bad idea it was, who first came up with the thought, "let's empower women by getting them to kill their kids". sorry, I don't buy that for one second. And pregnancy for me, several times, has not been godawful, but very happy and rewarding. giving birth to my babies was always a very happy event even if there were complications. Even when I was married to an abusive guy a long time ago.
Of course having a good loving supportive mate helps a great deal. Men should be educated to be such.

Feminists for Life - Women Deserve Better

Just because you think pregnancy and motherhood is a beautiful, wonderful experience doesn't mean other women feel the same way about it.

You are entitled to your opinion.....but don't try to force your beliefs onto others.

I do not need to give birth to feel happy and fulfilled.....that is not the "be all and end all" in my life.....I am not a brood mare.

As a woman, and a feminist, I DESERVE choice.......I do not deserve pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood forced upon me against my will.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Guess what? You can expect a LOT more kids with developmental and behavioral problems if women are forced against their will to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term and give birth to an unwanted child.

Research the effects of maternal stress on fetal development.
Why are you addressing this to me? I think you have misunderstood the purpose of my posts.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Default .

Quote:
whatever, that's quite a bitter sounding rant. as a woman, I don't believe for one second that enjoying lots of good sex and abortion, should ever have to go hand in hand. One is beautiful and good and an incredible GOD- GIVEN GIFT, the other is ugly, morbid, bloody, gorey, deathly, and hurts people all around for a very long time, all too often. what do you want? should all women just turn off our emotions and pretend not to have a heart? maybe we should violently rip out the results of our love relationship from our bodies? or pretend not to be women and mothers? only think about competing with men? I'd rather get along with mine, and have a beautiful relationship of mutual supportiveness and love and complementarity to each other. Like Feminists for Life likes to say, "our children are not the enemy". Moms who have kids, usually know this. I wonder whose bad idea it was, who first came up with the thought, "let's empower women by getting them to kill their kids". sorry, I don't buy that for one second. And pregnancy for me, several times, has not been godawful, but very happy and rewarding. giving birth to my babies was always a very happy event even if there were complications. Even when I was married to an abusive guy a long time ago.
Of course having a good loving supportive mate helps a great deal. Men should be educated to be such.

Feminists for Life - Women Deserve Better

I think you have some good points, at least, in my opinion, but you weaken them considerably when you bring in your own personal experience, as if you have no understanding at all of what pregnancy can be like for other women. Not only is there rape and incest, but also very abusive relationships, also being in dire straits, also having a child (or children) already who may have special needs and are draining, or going through a personal tragedy and feeling not up to dealing with pregnancy and new baby, and then there are medical conditions, all kinds that are life threatening, including but not limited to hyperemesis gravidarum. This is a condition in which the pregnant woman cannot stop vomiting OR has such intractable nausea that she is unable to take in any food or fluid and has to retch bile because there is nothing in her stomach to vomit. It's pretty horrible and many cases do not respond adequately to medication (my personal situation). If it is not controlled and treated, it can lead to esophogeal rupture, cardiac arrhythmias and death.

Hyperemesis gravidarum is not a one-in-a-million condition, either. Some two percent of pregnant women will experience it. It is truly something that can make you want to kill yourself, even if you are carrying a much wanted, much loved, much planned for baby.

I just want those on the pro-life side to educate themselves a little bit about other people's reality.

I stand with you on the issue of immorality, such as rampant promiscuity, irresponsibility, serial abortions, and a general disregard for life. But honestly sometimes when I hear pro-lifers talk, they sound so naive and immature, as if they have no awareness whatsoever of how dangerous or difficult a pregnancy can be for some women.

Last edited by chattypatty; 09-08-2011 at 11:57 PM..

Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
actually, many girls and women DON'T know what they are aborting because the clinic people told them it was just a mass of tissue, a blob of tissue, at whatever phase they are at, etc. or that in some way, it isn't a real baby, fetus, human, kid of theirs, etc. But women rarely have the intended disconnect from natural maternal feelings of "this is my baby", they end up often feeling they DID kill their own child but somehow everyone wanted them to and helped them... in essence they were betrayed.
many, many women and girls who went to get an abortion later said that they NEVER had an idea of how they would really feel about it afterward. it's like someone told them, go ahead, kill your 3 year old, it's perfectly legal, and it will make your life so much easier (hypothetically of course). well even if it was legal, how would a mother feel after that? most would get a very hard awakening to a nightmare of bad feelings after such a thing. of course there is a degree of difference, but that's the point, it's only a matter of degree.

MANY or most, aborted women and girls, feel absolutely horrible after an abortion even if well supported, but NO ONE ever prepared them for that if it was their first one. Many aborted women go immediately into a sort of downward life spiral for decades, their lives often fall apart completely, without any prolifers berating them or making them regret it..... Sometimes it's after they look in a magazine and see actual photos of fetuses at the phase they aborted theirs, then they realize that they were told a lie about the development of the fetus. It wasn't a lump at all, but looked like a baby....etc. Most aborted women go through extensive and serious grieving, though they may not realize it ; they do things like attempt suicide or get addicted to drugs, get involved with fast living people, etc..... all the while suppressing the grief and the serious distress their abortion caused them. it was supposed to "help" them, but too often that just isn't what it turned out to be.
Your contentions are a flat out pack of lies.

Eighty percent of women are happy with their choice to abort....very few of them become depressed over it unless they were depressed before the pregnancy in the first place.

Please educate yourself as to what the truth really is.

Study Says Most Women Don't Regret Abortion

Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

I don't believe it for a minute anyway...bitter, unhappy people are the ones who want to restrict others....if sexually fulfilled people were so happy they wouldn't have the time or the inclionation to make life miserable for others, they wouldn't be in to power/control trips....
Bitter, unhappy people also want to increase the tax rate on the rich....

How does a good sex life restrict one from having common sense? Sexually fulfilled people can't add 2 + 2 and get 4? They're so deluded with having sex, sex, sex they've fornicated one too many times (losing brain cells and common sense along the way) they can't see how abortion isn't the only answer to being an idiot?

Come on already. It's NOT that hard to NOT get pregnant.

Who exactly are you defending? Drug addicts? Prostitutes? Do they end up pregnant 5 times a year after servicing how many men in a day/year compared to your average sexually active (NORMAL) woman who also uses condoms as a form of protection...but what is the 90+ ish % claim of women who have abortions? Condom broke! Talk to a hooker about that one. Maybe they do break 5 x out of 10. Time to stop selling condoms as "protection".

Quote:
Saying that pregnancy is ALWAYS so wonderful shows your complete lack of understanding of other women and what their realities may be...but total lack of understanding and compassion are the main traits of anti-choicers..
Nah...being pregnant sucks for just as many compared to those who it doesn't suck for.

Have your abortion. With all the ways one can protect oneself, in 2011, from getting pregnant, you have to be a real moron to find yourself knocked up.

So please, end the cycle of morons procreating, and get that abortion.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:24 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

As a woman, and a feminist, I DESERVE choice.......I do not deserve pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood forced upon me against my will.
That's pathetic.

Your choice starts way before you pee on a stick and come up preggo.

Your choice is to be informed before you have sex. As a feminist and before the fact, as opposed to using "I am woman hear me roar...after I acted like a school girl and let some guy do what he did with me".

Get an IUD, get your shot, take your pill every day, keep a condom in your thong...b/c you never know. If all that intention to protect from getting knocked up fails, well...abortion is legal. It's also a small fee to pay for a one time service (without tax payers help) than 18 years of screwing a child up...b/c most likely, that's how it's going to pan out for the poor kid.

Then again, who doesn't DESERVE the consequences of their actions? Why do the sexually irresponsible deserve to not have that baby and suffer through? There are other options...adoption is one.

Your body can't stand the 9 months of a parasite sucking off of it...most pathetic excuse ever. You play, you pay.

Some take care of that "ooops". And please do. The world does not need any more spawn from the self righteous "feminists" who can't keep their panties on b/c they lose it when a guy bats their eyelashes at them and starts un-hooking their bra strap...if they wear a bra.

The feminism/abortion issue is such an oxymoron. All feminist and all about a woman protecting her body AFTER she gets herself knocked up. What happened to protecting her body BEFORE? The sex got in the way?

Can't have it both ways. Buy a vibrator.

What a joke.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
As do men's, but those choices aren't always good are they? Being prepared, or being smart, has never been a requirement for sex. Check it out.

Babies aren't punishment, pregnancies aren't "well you made your bed now lay in it". If you think that way you are stupid.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
That's pathetic.

Your choice is to be informed before you have sex. As a feminist and before the fact, as opposed to using "I am woman hear me roar...after I acted like a school girl and let some guy do what he did with me".

Get an IUD, get your shot, take your pill every day, keep a condom in your thong...b/c you never know. If all that intention to protect from getting knocked up fails, well...abortion is legal. It's also a small fee to pay for a one time service (without tax payers help) than 18 years of screwing a child up...b/c most likely, that's how it's going to pan out for the poor kid.

Then again, who doesn't DESERVE the consequences of their actions? Why do the sexually irresponsible deserve to not have that baby and suffer through? There are other options...adoption is one.

Your body can't stand the 9 months of a parasite sucking off of it...most pathetic excuse ever. You play, you pay.

Some take care of that "ooops". And please do. The world does not need any more spawn from the self righteous "feminists" who can't keep their panties on b/c they lose it when a guy bats their eyelashes at them and starts un-hooking their bra strap...if they wear a bra.

The feminism/abortion issue is such an oxymoron. All feminist and all about a woman protecting her body AFTER she gets herself knocked up. What happened to protecting her body BEFORE? The sex got in the way?

Can't have it both ways. Buy a vibrator.

What a joke.
Please get educated.....no form of BC is 100% effective, not even sterilization.

You seem to have a grasp on what kind of life an unwanted child is going to have.....yet you want to use that child as punishment and revenge against the woman.....talk about pathetic.

And yes, carrying a pregnancy I do not want for 9 months is too much to ask.

A pregnancy permanently alters a woman's body .....and not in a good way. Pregnancy can lead to death too, not even close to being as safe as an abortion. I don't have to risk my life for something I do not want. And let's not forget about the costs involved......medical costs and time off work with no paycheck.

A minute glob of flesh does not trump my rights.....it has no right to take over my body for 9 months against my will.

You may not like it, but that is the way it is.....it's not your body....you don't get a vote.....it's none of your business.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
OR they went into it with eyes open and thinking it was the best thing but after had the depression and problems that a lot of women report. They know it's not the end of their problems and have to go through the grief stages as much as a miscarriage. Our brains are not our emotions. You can accept something intellectually but our body has hormones and feelings. We are not robots. Many regret doing it.
I'mNotSorry.net - Celebrating the right to choose
Projecting much?

I heard that it's much more difficult for women who give up their kids to adoption.

By your logic, all adoption should stop and all women should be forced to breed and keep them.

Gee, that sounds like a great idea.

Last edited by chielgirl; 09-09-2011 at 03:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies