Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,890,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Force eliminates choice in both directions. Males forcing either abortion or pregnancy are assaulting the women involved. Too bad more women cannot realize it is better to be alone than live in a tyranny.

As a correlation I suggest wll the bullies, generally male, that tell women to keep their legs together should also tell the men to keep it in their own pants.
"Force eliminates choice in both directions." Well said, all of it.

Men should learn to keep it in their pants. The only thing I would say though, is that when both parties are irresponsible, it's the woman who pays the higher price. So it does behoove her to keep her legs closed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,056,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
"Force eliminates choice in both directions." Well said, all of it.

Men should learn to keep it in their pants. The only thing I would say though, is that when both parties are irresponsible, it's the woman who pays the higher price. So it does behoove her to keep her legs closed!

we agree the woman pays the higher price under any and all circumstance of an unwanted pregnancy. which is why she has the final say over her own future

Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,920,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
When adopting a baby you cannot predict the life the child will have, the physical, emotion, or intellectual capacities or limitiations.

I

Heck, even when birthing a baby you can get a baby that has physical, emotional, or intellectual issues or limitations. I don't have kids, don't want them, but figured if I ever changed my mind I would adopt an older child. Sure they can have issues but there is no guarantee that I would have a biological child free from issues.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 PM

5 posts, read 3,960 times
Forcing someone to do something the do not want to do is a bad thing, forcing someone to have an abortion when they don't want to is unspeakable. People coerce and force all over the place and we as a group need to stand up to any and all forms of this bull**** and send people to jail when possible. If a job forced someone I knew then I would call in the cops and lawyers in an instant.

But, the answer to this isn't pro-life. Why would you want to fix some people being forced to do something by turning around and forcing EVERYONE to do the opposite? It's not only as bad, its making things worse then the current situation.

The solution is better education, better information about coercion and better support for those women who get cut off by those that "loved" them.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:35 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I worked with a woman who had to get an abortion to save her job. My SIL lost her job at a hospital because she refused to abort. A hospital---one place where a woman's health should be paramount.

Since Roe v Wade women are more chattel than before. Sad and sick.

If abortion didn't offer certain advantages to males, it would never have been legalized.

Men basically gave women what they asked for...the primary responsibility of either preventing or ending unwanted pregnancy.

Legalized abortion is probably here to stay. However, it is human nature to assume greater risk if there is an "out" such as abortion. It's a pretty good deal for males.

Some women feel that abortion rights empower them but if they were truly empowered and assumed control of their reproductive systems, most unwanted pregnancies would be prevented.

When a woman is unprotected and willing to risk an unwanted pregnancy, it is the male who is empowered.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
If abortion didn't offer certain advantages to males, it would never have been legalized.

Men basically gave women what they asked for...the primary responsibility of either preventing or ending unwanted pregnancy.

Legalized abortion is probably here to stay. However, it is human nature to assume greater risk if there is an "out" such as abortion. It's a pretty good deal for males.

Some women feel that abortion rights empower them but if they were truly empowered and assumed control of their reproductive systems, most unwanted pregnancies would be prevented.

When a woman is unprotected and willing to risk an unwanted pregnancy, it is the male who is empowered.
Why do you feel that empowering women makes them perfect ???

Men have been empoowered since the begining of humanity and THEY are certainly not perfect.

People have always and will always assume risks of all kinds, it's human nature and you can't change that with all the "shoulds" and "coulds" and "ifs" you can repaet.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you feel that empowering women makes them perfect ???

Men have been empoowered since the begining of humanity and THEY are certainly not perfect.

People have always and will always assume risks of all kinds, it's human nature and you can't change that with all the "shoulds" and "coulds" and "ifs" you can repaet.
I don't know what you are rambling about but this^ is just background noise.

If you cannot respond to what I actually wrote, perhaps you should refrain from responding.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
I don't know what you are rambling about but this^ is just background noise.

If you cannot respond to what I actually wrote, perhaps you should refrain from responding.
If ya can't handle the truth maybe you shouldn't post.

If you have no answer, don't answer.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If ya can't handle the truth maybe you shouldn't post.

If you have no answer, don't answer.
None of this addresses what I stated either.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times
Quote:

I disagree. Abortion was legalized because a lot of people pushed for it because we were tired of losing wives, daughters, friends, and mothers to the back alley abortionists. It didn't have anything to do with selfish ulterior motives that you're trying to pin on men.

I also disagree with you that abortion gave women the primary responsibility for prevention of pregnancy. The invention of the pill claims that dubious role in the beginning years...until we learned that it's not a perfect, fool-proof method then we started telling people to use two forms of birth control. NOW---and that is all that counts in 2010---birth control is the responsibility of both sexes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies