Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 05:46 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If the Republicans had really wanted a decent chance to win the White House back in 2008 then they should not have nominated an old geezer with one foot in the grave (and the other on a bar of soap) and his bubbleheaded, bimbo of a running mate. And this time around they have another copycat tough talkin' cowboy, a copycat of the bubblehead bimbo (plus maybe even the original), the chair of the tinfoil hat society, the "token", and a whole other cast of unlikely (and unlikeable) characters.
And that pretty much explains why I'll be skipping the "president" part of the ballot next year. Not that I was planning to vote for those clowns anyway, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama didn't want to be President. In fact, he didn't think he could become President. The truth is that Barack Obama was considering quitting the U.S. Senate because he realized that one fish in the pond couldn't make much difference in anything. When Harry Reid caught wind of this, he summoned Obama to his office and suggested the he run for President. Why? Because it was clear the Hillary would run for POTUS, and Harry Reid wanted to deny her the Presidency. The icing on the cake? Democrats could claim the First Black President.

Barack Obama didn't want to be President. He's just another in a long line of Democratic pawns.
Do you have a link, AeroGuy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 06:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
And that pretty much explains why I'll be skipping the "president" part of the ballot next year. Not that I was planning to vote for those clowns anyway, but still...

Do you have a link, AeroGuy?
Yeah, I started an entire thread on it. It was from "Game Change" which spelled out Harry Reids role in BO's presidential run, as well as another book written that contradicted Harry Reid and made him acknowledge that he had mis-remembered the facts.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/ral...encouraged-ob/

Old 09-04-2011, 06:04 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yeah, I started an entire thread on it. It was from "Game Change" which spelled out Harry Reids role in BO's presidential run, as well as another book written that contradicted Harry Reid and made him acknowledge that he had mis-remembered the facts.

Book contradicts Reid memoir, says he encouraged Obama to seek White House in mid-2006, didn't want Hillary back in Senate - Politics: Ralston's Flash - Las Vegas Sun
Thanks. I'll read it after church today. BTW, I didn't suppose you were making it up, I was just curious. I've wanted to read "Game Change" for a while now.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:28 AM

817 posts, read 853,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
It took me a whopping 15 seconds to Google an answer.

Barack Obama candidate platform - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/politics/2008/bios/view.bg?articleid=1063110 - broken link)

Hey look;

President Obama on Death of Osama bin Laden - YouTube

*Bonus.*
They were looking for him for years. It just happened to get done on his watch.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,799,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
How do we like the hope and change he has brought? No hope, much change that hurts our country?
Obama wanted to be POTUS for many of the same reasons anyone wants to be POTUS. He wanted it to satisfy his ambition and to help HIS friends get rich. This is the same reason why Perry wants to be POTUS, Bachman, Palin, Romney, et al. It's all about ambition, self-interest, and helping yourself and your friends get rich.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Obama wanted to be POTUS so he could ram rod things like Obamacare & gay marriage down our throats & to say he was the first "African American" president.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:03 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He just figured that all that smoke Bush had blown into that cave in Afghanistan wasn't doing the trick, so he might as well come in and actually get Osama bin Laden.
Using Bush's same policies the man got lucky & a prisoner squeaked at GITMO, which Obama was supposedly going to shut down after elected BTW.

So thank you GWB for catching OBL & thank you BHO for giving the "go" to our troops.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:03 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Why did Obama want to be POTUS?

Does it matter any more...let's just make sure he doesn't
"get up and do it again"

Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Have you ever thought just MAYBE his wife wanted it and pushed him????

Many gave her credit for his success in the state of Illinois.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Obama wanted to be POTUS so he could ram rod things like Obamacare & gay marriage down our throats & to say he was the first "African American" president.
I'd leave gays out of it ... Obama dragged his feet so long on their issues,
they have skid marks on their foreheads

Gays to Obama: Just say yes | POLITICO 44
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies