Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:34 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times

Advertisements

Solyndra LLC is filing for bankruptcy. Who are they?

This is the same company that received $535 million from 0bama' $800 billion stimulus, to create "GREEN JOBS", a worn out phrase I'm sure we will all here 0bama prattle on, endlessly about during his address tonight.

When 0bama utter "green job" just remember what a bunch of wasted tax dollars it will be.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 2 (UPI) -- The demise of Freemont, Calif., solar panel manufacturer Solyndra, which received a $535 million loan guarantee from the federal government in 2009, calls into question the Obama administration's clean-energy stimulus program.
It was the first company selected under the program, authorized in a 2005 energy law and expanded in the 2009 stimulus law.

In a May 2010 speech at the company President Obama said, "Companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future."

LINK - Solyndra's demise sparks stimulus concerns - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Solyndra LLC is filing for bankruptcy. Who are they?

This is the same company that received $535 million from 0bama' $800 billion stimulus, to create "GREEN JOBS", a worn out phrase I'm sure we will all here 0bama prattle on, endlessly about during his address tonight.

When 0bama utter "green job" just remember what a bunch of wasted tax dollars it will be.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 2 (UPI) -- The demise of Freemont, Calif., solar panel manufacturer Solyndra, which received a $535 million loan guarantee from the federal government in 2009, calls into question the Obama administration's clean-energy stimulus program.
It was the first company selected under the program, authorized in a 2005 energy law and expanded in the 2009 stimulus law.

In a May 2010 speech at the company President Obama said, "Companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future."

LINK - Solyndra's demise sparks stimulus concerns - UPI.com
I found the latter part of the article about the other 3 solar companies who have recently done the el foldo performance to be very interesting. I wonder how much money they got from the Obamas out of the stimulus law.

I also noticed that the US produced 43% of solar panels, worldwide, in 1995 and today they are down to 9%. I wonder if Obama put too many of his eggs in the solar basket.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I found the latter part of the article about the other 3 solar companies who have recently done the el foldo performance to be very interesting. I wonder how much money they got from the Obamas out of the stimulus law.

I also noticed that the US produced 43% of solar panels, worldwide, in 1995 and today they are down to 9%. I wonder if Obama put too many of his eggs in the solar basket.
This is a president engaging in corporate cronyism, on a level never before seen. The left always accuses the GoP of this kind of stuff, but when their guy does it most all of them are mute.

You have to wonder who lined their pockets with over $500 million dollars. 0bama can't just pick out the winners and losers in our economy, and hand out free money to reward his friends and cronies, based solely on his ideology, his politics, and his agenda.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:

So the future is bankruptcy?
LOL....

Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
"Solyndra Got $535M Stimulus, Now It's Bankrupt"

But...but Obama said, I mean he declare,,,,,I mean praised them and the success of them after the Stimulus money they got.
What the new jobs are gone now along with even the old ones you say?

What a waste all of this Stimulus was with most of it wasted in top of not being a good idea to begin with.

Now he's going to propose spending even more as if it will work this time.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
This is a president engaging in corporate cronyism, on a level never before seen. The left always accuses the GoP of this kind of stuff, but when their guy does it most all of them are mute.

You have to wonder who lined their pockets with over $500 million dollars. 0bama can't just pick out the winners and losers in our economy, and hand out free money to reward his friends and cronies, based solely on his ideology, his politics, and his agenda.
But he and the Climate Change cult leaders have the public hypnotized and fully obedient on this issue - right down to the row of "alternative fuel" parking spaces closest to every new corporate office.

As long as soccer moms and dads by the millions enjoy playing this silly game, I guess the sad fact is that he (Obama) can.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
There may be more to the story.....

FBI Raids 'Connected' Energy Firm Solyndra - ABC News

Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There may be more to the story.....

FBI Raids 'Connected' Energy Firm Solyndra - ABC News
yup, and more...

Solyndra reps made 20 trips to WH before $500M award...

FLASHBACK: 'Brighter and more prosperous future'...

Old 09-08-2011, 05:44 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
In the words of Yogi Berra, 'It ain't over til it's over.'

Three solar companies go bankrupt within 16 months, 1.7 trillion smackeroos go down the tube. So much for this 'green jobs' nonsense, huh?

August 2011 car sales...

Nissan Leaf----1,362 units

Chevy Volt------302 units

Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 PM

158 posts, read 134,744 times
This thread is wrong on all counts.

It's pretty much like saying we shouldn't invest in any financial product because of all that's happened in the financial crisis when a lot of banks went under and nearly most prestigious financial institutions were on the brink of bankruptcy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies