Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:12 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

This is a great read.

Has obama pegged right - more cliches, more straw men, more of nothing.

961 days in, Obama becomes sick and tired of someone dawdling about jobs - latimes.com

Quote:
Obama, whose Democratic spending priorities have pushed the national debt beyond $14,000,000,000,000, said it was important to curb spending and keep to the deficit reduction plan agreed to earlier this summer while also investing in, you know, many important things.

He then provided a joint session of Congress with a broadly ambitious list of goals that sounded to many people very much like a lot more spending, like, say, the $787 billion economic stimulus bill of 2009 that didn't stimulate much of anything except that national debt.

Now that his Martha's Vineyard vacation is over, this situation is urgent.
The fierce urgency of NOW has finally descended on The One. After 2 1/2 years of ignoring the job situation, he demands the Congress pass a plan....that has no details, no specifics, no score from the CBO and I doubt will be put to paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 07:37 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is a great read.

961 days in, Obama becomes sick and tired of someone dawdling about jobs - latimes.com

The fierce urgency of NOW has finally descended on The One. After 2 1/2 years of ignoring the job situation, he demands the Congress pass a plan....that has no details, no specifics, no score from the CBO and I doubt will be put to paper.
Not to mention he did not work with anyone to come up with this "plan". Seriously, this guy is throwing spaghetti against the wall to see which noodles will stick. And it is very expensive spaghetti.

I don't know how anyone could support this pathetic loser of a President.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:39 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
And his solution?

Let's throw more OPM at the problem to bribe people to vote for him again.
Campaign Speech, Campaign Tactics - the only ~exliciative more despicable than him is the troll he is married to.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
This is a great read.

So true! After 961 days, things are just now "urgent" to him???? We must act "now"???? This is why his speech was so hollow.....no one believes him.
Things weren't urgent while he was in Martha's Vineyard, but suddenly they are now? What changed? Nothing other than his dropping poll numbers.

AND, if it is so urgent, why didn't he provide details of his plan last night? What a charade he is!!!!

Now that his Martha's Vineyard vacation is over, this situation is urgent.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Yeah it was so urgrent it had to wait for him to get back from another vacation. Who does he think he is fooling? If he really gave a darn he would have been laser focused on jobs from day 1. I mean really come on we already had 1 stimulus that didnt work.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah it was so urgrent it had to wait for him to get back from another vacation. Who does he think he is fooling? If he really gave a darn he would have been laser focused on jobs from day 1. I mean really come on we already had 1 stimulus that didnt work.
Remember, he has given numerous speeches over the last three years about jobs. Said before that jobs were his number one focus. He hasn't backed his words up with any actions.

Talk is cheap.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
This is a great read.

We've got to pass it NOW. After the bus campaign, 10 days of vacationing with the wealthy, and recharging the teleprompter, apparently.

Of course no specifics will be put to paper. He's a "big idea" guy. Has no clue how to lead.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:34 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Not to mention he did not work with anyone to come up with this "plan". Seriously, this guy is throwing spaghetti against the wall to see which noodles will stick. And it is very expensive spaghetti.

I don't know how anyone could support this pathetic loser of a President.
Apparently, Cantor and Boehner called him to discuss the plan, and he turned them down.

Now who's the "no" guy?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Remember, he has given numerous speeches over the last three years about jobs. Said before that jobs were his number one focus. He hasn't backed his words up with any actions.

Talk is cheap.
Exactly, He thinks giving a speech is enough. Does he think we are ignorant or something that hes going to stand up and talk about how urgent it is for us to do something about jobs but it had to wait till he got back from a vacation that majority of this country cant afford. Heck many cant afford to even take a vacation yet here he is going to marthas vineyard.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:56 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Apparently, Cantor and Boehner called him to discuss the plan, and he turned them down.

Now who's the "no" guy?
I don't believe that he has ever had a modicum of the transparency he spoke of and his lack of bi-partisan dealings is pretty well known. I think his comments about the Republicans sitting in the "back of the bus" pretty much summed up his feelings. Of course, if a Republican had said that, the left would be screaming "racism" as loud as they could too.

That being said, I don't mind the Republicans being the "No" guys when it comes to Obama's hair-brained plans. It shows that someone at least is thinking about the irresponsible spending and abuse by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies