Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your spinning away again. Read my previous post. The Obama's feel it's their duty to tell school's and parents what to feed our children, who BTW live in STATES, but not a squeak about foodstamps going for fast food meals. I'm wondering why that is? THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING. Interpret away.
They do not feel 'it's their duty'.

All first ladies get involved with something, and Michelle happened to choose nutrition for children.

Big woop..wtf?

Typical right-winger...wants to eat the cake and have it too.
no hope for you, buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The first lady MADE IT HER CONCERN. Where have you been?
Hey, don't have a heart attack, bub!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
If you are taking my tax dollars to feed people garbage that will make them sick, and then your next step is to take more of my tax money so you can provide health care for the people that you made sick with my tax dollars, you better believe that I think it's my concern what others eat.
Then take the matter up with your governor.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Then take the matter up with your governor.
Sure...that works for half the problem, the other half of the problem is the NATIONAL health care aspect of the scenario I laid out.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Um, I'm sure I will be told if I'm wrong....but isn't the food stamp program federally funded and state administered?

Old 09-09-2011, 05:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Why shouldn't fast food want to get on the food stamp gravy train ?
Food stamp usage hits a new high every month..that's millions in revenue for these places.
Don't worry though..taxpayers will pick up the tab.

The poor don't have kitchens remember ?

Old 09-09-2011, 05:12 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
If you are taking my tax dollars to feed people garbage that will make them sick, and then your next step is to take more of my tax money so you can provide health care for the people that you made sick with my tax dollars, you better believe that I think it's my concern what others eat.
Which I take to mean that you approve of the First lady encouraging children to eat more healthy food and less junk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I don't see Michelle Obama's quest to educate people about healthy eating any worse than when, I believe it was President Kennedy, instituted the Presential Fitness Program that forced all public school kids to pass these certain physical fitness standards so as to become more active and healthy. I was too young (not born) at the time that started so I'm not privy to the raging and gnashing of teeth that was going on over forcing us to adhere to a physical standard. But it certainly seems to be an accepted practice now.
Actually it was Eisenhower who started it, Kenndy carried it out. And I was there. No one was forced to do anything. We had gym glass (I think that's forbidden in schools now) and there were several things you had to do, like run a 100 yd dash, climb a rope, maybe do chin-ups or situps can't remember the others. Depending on how fast, how many or how far you did, you got one of three possible patches, the ordinary one the good one and the really good one, kind of like bronze, silver and gold. Probably the schools wouldn't be allowed to do it nowadays because everyone is a winner and the kids aren't supposed to have their feelings hurt by other kids being better at something than they are.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I have no issue with the elderly and disabled being able to get ready-to-eat meals. Many do not have the physical ability to properly prepare themselves a full meal. Far different than people who "have to buy" ready-to-eat or fast food meals because of laziness, "lack of time", or "convenience".
I guess you will have to provide some data of all these old timers dying from starvation because they can't prepare meals and how only now this will save them all. If they can't prepare a meal how the hell can they drive to the fast food place? I guess that doesn't matter.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:13 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
RWNJs whine when the first lady screams and they whine when she doesn't....geez.

LWNJs whine over everything. geez

Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
As far as I know food stamps can be used for Meals on Wheels so that is not an argument.
http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/outreac...s-disabled.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies