Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 12:27 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So why didn't you go thru the scanner? Did you opt out of it and take the patdown instead?
You'd make a good rape counselor-"why did you have to wear that dress?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 12:30 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,492 times
indians look like middle easterns to most

Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You'd make a good rape counselor-"why did you have to wear that dress?"
Nice try but opting out of the scanner does require a patdown and everyone knows it. Comparing this to a rape just shows ignornace.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Gee, someone who just joined C-D and posts something like this

This is the first time I've ever heard a person from India refer to themselves as "South Asian"....

Could this be a t*** thread?

Nahhhhhh

Old 09-11-2011, 12:56 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Have you ever gotten a massage before? Have you ever gotten a physical exam by a doctor? Ever been fitted for a dress? Did those people "molest" you also?

You should expect to be patted down when going through security. It's the reality of the world we live in. As for you not fitting the racial profile of terrorists...sorry, it is illegal to racially profile. You can thank the libs for that.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
I'm so sorry for your personal violation and hope it never happens to you again. Fact is, it only takes about as much c-4 as a reese's penutbutter cup to blow out the side of a pressurized airliner if you're sitting next to a window seat. Do you think they will plant it on some scruffy looking 25 year old pakistani guy who just looks like he came out of a training camp? No. It will be on a woman or a disabled person or in the baby bag. We live in very strange times where anything goes and all manner of evil things are not only possible but probable.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Gee, someone who just joined C-D and posts something like this

This is the first time I've ever heard a person from India refer to themselves as "South Asian"....

Could this be a t*** thread?

Nahhhhhh
My thoughts exactly. Surprised some folks jumped all over this chum (hook, line & sinker) without questioning the poster's lack of history.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Take solace in the fact that at least you're not a black american in this country, where you may routinely be given less consideration as a matter of course, not just at the airport.
Wow, ignorant race card out of NOWHERE. LMAO!

Old 09-11-2011, 01:31 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woe_is_me View Post
I am mad as s h it; I am a unextraordinary, unassuming young South Asian woman and on yesterday while at RDU I was sexually molested and felt up by this ugly dumb TSA lady who placed both her hands on my boobs and then advised me she was even putting her hands inSIDE my skirt around my hip area she circled her hands all around and I told the supervisor to make her stop and SHE then just said "Shall we do this in private" ? I tripped out, if they do THAT to me in front of 500 ppl, what will they do behind closed doors, I couldnt wait to get done w/ this business and I have been uncomfortable and sad ever since. I am of Indian birth / and dont cover my hair ( no-one there does ) and I was wearing a short skirt and tank top what the hell did they expect to find in a woman who is half-dressed anyway I wish they would get fired but I dont think if I even complain they will listen they might just say too bad or something stupid I dont know if this is a Raleigh / RDU specific thing or everywhere but they didnt do it to me in DC nor in ATL where I connected !!!
I am sorry.
This must have been terribly humiliating and embarressing for you.
I am deeply ashamed of our govenment for becoming the exact type of police state the Constitution and Bill of Rights were created to prevent.
I am deeply ashamed of the American people for their cowardice in allowing fear to condone the sellout of your, mine and their liberty for this police state that commits such acts against innocent citizens while simultaneously engaging in activities which actually decrease our security.

I am ashamed and apologize for my fellow citizens and our government.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Has anyone here actually worked as a TSA agent or know anyone who does? I'm curious how they feel about it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies