Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:15 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,031,166 times

Advertisements

What should the White House do? Panic! - CNN.com

Can I vote for him in the next election?

(Well, except for his statement near the end "I realize that we are on the brink of a crazy person running our nation."
Not because I think any of the Republican nominees are any good,
but because we already have a crazy person running our nation.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
He might be right.

I've been saying for years that we need to let the Republicans run all three branches of government. Best thing this country can do. Veto proof majorities in the Congress, and a runaway Republican executive branch and judicial system. Let them have it all since Americans seem to think the country would be better off.

Sure as hell wouldn't break my heart. But some hearts would damn sure be broken....believe me.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Carville is right. Especially when he said:

Quote:
As I watch the Republican debates, I realize that we are on the brink of a crazy person running our nation. I sit in front of the television and shudder at the thought of one of these creationism-loving, global-warming-denying, immigration-bashing, Social-Security-cutting, clean-air-hating, mortality-fascinated, Wall-Street-protecting Republicans running my country.
All mainstream Americans should panic, not just the Democrats.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,860,904 times
Just read some of the attack threads posted on this forum daily, it's pretty clear that Democrats are in full panic mode especially after losing elections in NV and NY in the last couple days.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:30 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,031,166 times
Quote:
creationism-loving, global-warming-denying, immigration-bashing, Social-Security-cutting, clean-air-hating, mortality-fascinated, Wall-Street-protecting
Mainstream-religion hating / radical Islam loving, illegal-immigrant enabling, frivolous-lawsuit enabling, LGBT-fascinated, tax-hike-crazy

Sorry, that's the left.
See when we switch that around?

I'm a moderate independent so you aren't going to hurt my feelings by calling me a "repug" or "teabagger" or whatever the
it's-OK-b/c-it's-liberals-doing-it namecalling anyone here would like to do today.

The point is, we need SOMEONE who can lead without making us all want to kill each other.
Both sides are guilty of this. It has to stop and someone who makes sense has to step in.
It sure as hell ain't Obama, and the Republican contenders aren't impressing me either.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Carville is right. Especially when he said:

All mainstream Americans should panic, not just the Democrats.
You're right, but i refuse to panic.

Look, if regular working stiffs think they'll get a better deal with Rick Perry, then have at it. I'm tired of arguing with idiots who don't know what side they're REALLY on. If people want to vote against their own interests because they want to vote based on something as asenine as abortion, then be my guest. If you wanna vote against your interest because you're stupid enough to believe that the government wants to take your little pop-gun, then be my guest. If you want the government to keep giving the rich dudes all the breaks while they're putting the big stick up your rear end, then i can't help you. If you want another 3 trillion spent on wars while they close schools in your area due to a budget shortfall, then you're beyond help.

Again, i'm not going to panic even a little bit. Folks get the government they deserve.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:35 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,830,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Look, if regular working stiffs think they'll get a better deal with Rick Perry, then have at it. I'm tired of arguing with idiots who don't know what side they're REALLY on. If people want to vote against their own interests because they want to vote based on something as asenine as abortion, then be my guest. If you wanna vote against your interest because you're stupid enough to believe that the government wants to take your little pop-gun, then be my guest. If you want the government to keep giving the rich dudes all the breaks while they're putting the big stick up your rear end, then i can't help you. If you want another 3 trillion spent on wars while they close schools in your area due to a budget shortfall, then you're beyond help.

Again, i'm not going to panic even a little bit. Folks get the government they deserve.
Just way too much collateral damage.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:50 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,330,145 times
Quote:
Carville: As I watch the Republican debates, I realize that we are on the brink of a crazy person running our nation. I sit in front of the television and shudder at the thought of one of these creationism-loving, global-warming-denying, immigration-bashing, Social-Security-cutting, clean-air-hating, mortality-fascinated, Wall-Street-protecting Republicans running my country.
Carville needs a nice long soak in a tub of Thorazine.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:52 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,824,310 times
Quote:

The thing is it already happened under Bush and lead to the nightmare we are in today. The right winger's don't give a damn what their masters do. They could campaign on "I will personally come to your door, take your house, your car, all your assets, and leave you out on the street if you vote for me" and if that (R) is there, they will still vote for them.
The republicans and especially the tea party supporters must have some kind of serious mental disorder or stockholm syndrome. Everything bad that will happen they will just "blame the liberals" even if they had total control. Trying to talk any kind of common sense into them is simply impossible.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:55 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,658,979 times
Quote:
He might be right.

I've been saying for years that we need to let the Republicans run all three branches of government. Best thing this country can do. Veto proof majorities in the Congress, and a runaway Republican executive branch and judicial system. Let them have it all since Americans seem to think the country would be better off.

Sure as hell wouldn't break my heart. But some hearts would damn sure be broken....believe me.
2000-2006 wasn't good enough for you? You'd like to see a dozen or so more protracted, unfunded wars along with steep tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, which of course, the middle class will have to pay for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies