Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Hear! Hear!
Most of our left leaners just can't accept the fact that it is the Constitution that has kept us as exceptional as we are. Those people don't want us to be like that any longer because they want government without the document to be our source of everything from food to clothing and shelter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 04:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Sniff, sniff! The people who think that America fucntions on the Constitution are dreamers. Great for tears in the eyes and a lump in the throat as they wave their flags.
Guess who's reading your e-mails and listening to your phone calls. And the authorities can bust into your home (without any freaking warrants) any time they want to.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Sniff, sniff! The people who think that America fucntions on the Constitution are dreamers. Great for tears in the eyes and a lump in the throat as they wave their flags.
Guess who's reading your e-mails and listening to your phone calls. And the authorities can bust into your home (without any freaking warrants) any time they want to.
I don't know where blankety blank is but I do have to wonder just what your nationality is. The left hasn't destroyed our Constitution yet and I think they have put us in a place where a vast majority of people want to get back to it.

The dreamers are the left leaners who think they can do away with out Constitution in any legal manner. Until they get rid of one of our less liberal Supreme Court justices and can replace him with another ultra-liberal like the last two I think we are still more constitutional than you want us to be. Now that says that you people better commit the necessary murder pretty quick because Obama won't be around much longer.

Now what day was it I told you Constitution Day is? You don't even know, do you?

Old 09-17-2011, 08:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Enjoy!

What Is the Constitution: Restore Respect Now

Old 09-18-2011, 12:54 AM

306 posts, read 355,248 times
Default Srsly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I know that most people don't realize that today is the 224th anniversary of the day when the Constitution of the United States was signed by those men who had spent an entire hot summer working out our Constitution. You know that "outdated" piece of paper that starts out with the words, We The People and lists what government can and can't do in governing. On that day there was no Bill of Rights but it was added, all 10 Amernments, just a couple of years later. So many talk about the first few amendments but so many do not have any idea, any longer, about Amendments 9 and 10.

I would love to go on and on about that document which has stood as the longest serving written constitution the world has ever seen. Copied by so many other pretenders but so often failed by those attempts to copy. I just wonder what it will be replaced with when those who think it is outdated manage to trash it.

CONSTITUTION DAY, September 17, 2011.
Oh yes! 'soldboy! Lets fetishize a document written over 200 years ago!

Perhaps we should turn back the clock and live our lives like it's 1787!

Perhaps the only people who should be allowed to vote are white male land owners! Screw minorities ... and women ... and immigrants ... and anybody who isn't a white christian male land owner!

Sorry Mitt! That insane Mormon crap you've been brainwashed into believing isn't good enough for 'soldboy!

*Rolling Eyes*

Old 09-18-2011, 12:55 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
What's more important, knowing the anniversary of the Constitution, or what's actually in it.

Most teabaggers are utterly ignorant about the Constitution, either willfully or by default. Sorry, being familiar with the 2nd and 10th doesn't make you a Constitutional expert. There is much more to the Constitution than those two amendments.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Oh yes! 'soldboy! Lets fetishize a document written over 200 years ago!

Perhaps we should turn back the clock and live our lives like it's 1787!

Perhaps the only people who should be allowed to vote are white male land owners! Screw minorities ... and women ... and immigrants ... and anybody who isn't a white christian male land owner!

Sorry Mitt! That insane Mormon crap you've been brainwashed into believing isn't good enough for 'soldboy!

*Rolling Eyes*
I hate to take you to task for being such a strong progressive sounding poster but I must say that the reason our Constitution is still in effect is that it was written with thoughts about the future and not just for that day. It has been interpreted in different manners all its life and still serves us very well. Yes, we need more of your kind of activists around to get it thrown out completely but I don't think that is going to happen soon.

What parts of the document do you not like and consider too outdated? All that talk about its age with no mention of what is too far outdated always makes me wonder just what it is that a writer is thinking, if indeed he/she is thinking and not just talking the talking points of the left.

One more thing. I won't go into the whole story but when I started this forum stuff almost 10 years ago it was on a sports forum where our hero was a coach named Roy and I respected him so much that I had always wanted to be one of what sports reporters called Roy's boys but at the age of 65+ just couldn't be so I took the name of Roysoldboy. I guess I should have put in the apostrophe but computers had always refused to accept the apostrophe in my last name so I just tried to make the computer happy.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What's more important, knowing the anniversary of the Constitution, or what's actually in it.

Most teabaggers are utterly ignorant about the Constitution, either willfully or by default. Sorry, being familiar with the 2nd and 10th doesn't make you a Constitutional expert. There is much more to the Constitution than those two amendments.
It is so really nice to have someone from the left side of things tell me that I don't know the Constitution. I think I know it about as well as our Campaigner in Chief who is supposed to have been a lecturer on the subject. Of course, I may not know it as well as some of his advisors who see ways to get around it but I do think I know much more about it than some here do. Amendments 2 and 10 are very important ones but I am sure that you would be completely happy to see both of the taken out. How about number 9? Can it survive without 10? Can the kind of government our present Campaigner in Chief wants us to have with 10 or do we need to get rid of it, reconstitute the states into being regional extensions of the central government, and go on from there?

Old 09-18-2011, 11:36 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I got 4/5 correct and on the one I missed the 4th and 6th circuit court of appeals (question 3) disagree with the author of the quiz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies