Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:09 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Great idea, will open up the housing market

I suggest all union people move to NYC or Washington State...
Oh please. Florida housing market is unsusatainable and trashed bcs its a "right to work state" same with SC and most southern states.Theer are no decent paying jobs and no one wants a house there now.

In Tenn., an R.N. after spending 5 figures on loans AFTER college is now paid 20.00 or under, and sometimes only gets "per-diem" shifts which are lousy work hours and on-call.

For under 20.00 an hour no thanks. If you guys hate unions so much, have at it. But dont complain when u are under the knife in a hospital and a PCA "personal care assistant" who make 10 bucks an hour is in charge of monitoring your EKG and cardio results. Corportae hospitals slash their skilled labor and hire pca's now so they can pay them trash wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM

912 posts, read 1,332,202 times
I will gladly take their job . With a 9 percent unemployment rate ,low wage or not .If your unemployeed either take the job,or don't complain when you don't have work .

Old 09-22-2011, 01:49 PM

Nurses deserve better. Im not a nurse edwardianlady, but have seen five "right to work" states where skilled R.N's are treated and paid like garbage.YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I hope some of u get to see what its like to be in an understaffed hospital someday, if u need critical care surgery.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Nurses deserve better. Im not a nurse edwardianlady, but have seen five "right to work" states where skilled R.N's are treated and paid like garbage.YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I hope some of u get to see what its like to be in an understaffed hospital someday, if u need critical care surgery.
I sure don't want to get into a hospital like that. However, the heart surgeries I have had have been in hospitals that hire RNs and use them and sure don't pay wages like you speak about. I also live in a right to work state but then the last time I had a surgery (6 bypass) I was in a hospital run and operated by a Dr. Great care by great nurses but then that was in 2005.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Nice pic. That's from what year? 2008? No? How about 1994? No? 1979? Still no? 1964? STILL no?

Hmm... I'm thinking that the "unions prevent slave labor" argument falls flat on its face in 2011.
They always go back a hundred plus years to make a point about how unions are good for the country. I guess there are no examples in the last hundred years for them to post.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I sure don't want to get into a hospital like that. However, the heart surgeries I have had have been in hospitals that hire RNs and use them and sure don't pay wages like you speak about. I also live in a right to work state but then the last time I had a surgery (6 bypass) I was in a hospital run and operated by a Dr. Great care by great nurses but then that was in 2005.
Staphylococcus and other bacilli infections are VERY common and when hospitals are short staffed its difficult to keep a handle on them when your chest is cut open for surgery. You are at the mercy of whatever financial condition the hopital happens to be in at that time.

Sycamore Shoals hospital and several in NE Tenn have had patients (several thousand) who died from routine orthopedic/knee replacement and hip replacement surgeries. That is NOT a good statistic
Hospital staph infections cause 12,000 deaths, cost $9.5 billion - The Doctors Lounge(TM)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies