Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 05:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

another $300 BILLION from medicare for his jobs bill.

And the left says that the republicans are throwing grandma off the cliff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 07:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
There is a lot more than $500B in waste in Medicare that any fiscally responsible person should be asking for, not less or none.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I too find it ironic that Democrats slogan is that Republicans are trying to destroy Medicare/Medicaid when it has been Democrats who have been taking money AWAY from Medicare/Medicaid for other social programs... 500 billion in waste in Medicare? Unfortunately for you that the cuts in Medicare are NOT for getting rid of fraud or waste... Liberals are too funny... or too stupid...

Old 09-23-2011, 07:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I too find it ironic that Democrats slogan is that Republicans are trying to destroy Medicare/Medicaid when it has been Democrats who have been taking money AWAY from Medicare/Medicaid for other social programs... 500 billion in waste in Medicare? Unfortunately for you that the cuts in Medicare are NOT for getting rid of fraud or waste... Liberals are too funny... or too stupid...
You find it ironic because you have absolutely no idea what is going on. In fact, I'm not surprised that it is those who call themselves "fiscal conservatives" who fail at recognizing waste in Medicare. Talk doesn't necessarily require knowledge and being in touch with the reality. Never mind the fact that Medicare runs a deficit. I guess we can always rely on China, right?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:21 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
I know it's been posted here before, but ....

Quote:
First of all, under the health care bill, Medicare spending continues to go up year after year. The health care bill tries to identify ways to save money, and so the $500 billion figure comes from the difference over 10 years between anticipated Medicare spending (what is known as “the baseline”) and the changes the law makes to reduce spending.

The savings actually are wrung from health-care providers, not Medicare beneficiaries. These spending reductions presumably would be a good thing, since virtually everyone agrees that Medicare spending is out of control. In the House Republican budget, lawmakers repealed the Obama health care law but retained all but $10 billion of the nearly $500 billion in Medicare savings, suggesting the actual policies enacted to achieve these spending reductions were not that objectionable to GOP lawmakers.
Fact Checking the GOP debate: $500 billion in cuts to Medicare? - The Fact Checker - The Washington Post

Old 09-23-2011, 08:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You find it ironic because you have absolutely no idea what is going on. In fact, I'm not surprised that it is those who call themselves "fiscal conservatives" who fail at recognizing waste in Medicare. Talk doesn't necessarily require knowledge and being in touch with the reality. Never mind the fact that Medicare runs a deficit. I guess we can always rely on China, right?
actually the 'waste' is in medicaid..not medicare

Old 09-23-2011, 08:23 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I have no idea "what's going on".... you know jack and sheet... I work in the industry, I know exactly what's going on... You are out of your element...so stop talking sheet like you know anything... when you don't... I hate it when people come in and say they know something because someone else says it... you don't know anything... you have to SEE what's going on in order to know something...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies