Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That was just an idiot who probably sucks at life. I wouldn't blame Canadians for that person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 03:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this is kids stuff compared to what goes on in the russian soccer leagues.

i know eto'o couldnt turn down 30 mill to play in russia, but those are the most racist fans and i generally fear for his safety over there.
The man is nuts. I am not so afraid for his safety because he is Black as much as I'm afraid for his safety because Dagestan is insane. He doesn't even live in the local area (Makhachkala), which is full of mafiya and Islamists who are fighting Russian rule. He flies in from Moscow on game days and, presumably, gets out of there as soon as he can after the game's over.

Quote:
london, ontario is also a racialized city. theyve had problems with skinheads in that area, and it doesn't really surprise me that this would happen here.

NHL needs to punish london, ontario by not giving them a game for the next few years.

either that or ban the idiot for life.
They claimed they couldn't find the perp. I'm sure someone knows who did it. I actually competed in an international grappling competition there years ago, but we had no problems.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:17 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
no need to make this into a political issue. It was just some loser

Old 09-23-2011, 03:20 PM

954 posts, read 1,281,607 times
Quote:
It was probably the first time they'd seen a black guy in real life.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:22 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,632,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
LOL

Am I the only one finding this funny?

They automatically assume because he's Black in a mostly White sport it was an act of racism.

Way to play the race card.

At least they weren't tossing Oreo cookies at him.

Exactly.......Did they ever stop to think that maybe a banana was the only thing around to throw at him? They could have thrown eggs, tomatoes or even sh*t at him and they would throw the race card out!!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:24 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Exactly.......Did they ever stop to think that maybe a banana was the only thing around to throw at him? They could have thrown eggs, tomatoes or even sh*t at him and they would throw the race card out!!
what a coincidence.

the same poster who said minorities dont deserve his respect is totally oblivious to all the past prior incidents towards blacks with bananas throughout the sporting world.

im shocked i tell you, shocked.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:07 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
what a coincidence.

the same poster who said minorities dont deserve his respect is totally oblivious to all the past prior incidents towards blacks with bananas throughout the sporting world.

im shocked i tell you, shocked.
You won't be shocked when you come to the conclusion that some posters on this board are as full of b.s. as the threads they start.

I said it posts ago, some of "them" will do their best to deny common sense, but then again some of "them" have no common sense.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,980 times
this is one incident, not indictive of a whole country

Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,006,609 times
Quote:
Can you tell me why a banana was chosen to be hurled at a black player? There were opportunities to hurl said projectile at any white player, or a different object could have been chosen to be thrown at Simmons, yet for some reason, a banana was thrown at the only black player on the ice; wanna tell me why?
Well a banana is an Asian wanting to be White so couldn't tell you why those chose to throw a banana.

An Oreo is a Black person wanting to be White thats why I said at least he didn't throw Oreo cookies or fried chicken legs at him.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:57 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Well a banana is an Asian wanting to be White so couldn't tell you why those chose to throw a banana.

An Oreo is a Black person wanting to be White thats why I said at least he didn't throw Oreo cookies or fried chicken legs at him.
I've never heard the thing about the banana being an Asian wanting to be white. I just figured that if the banana was thrown for racist reasons, it was thrown because a watermelon is too heavy.

As for the Oreo being a black person wanting to be white, I thought an Oreo was two black people on either side of a lone white person. It the person in the middle has his pants down and is bending over, then it's a moon pie. [Okay, I just made up that thing about the moon pie.]

Last edited by GalileoSmith; 09-23-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies