Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:32 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

I would love to see the bankster and corporatist scum on wall street homeless and begging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:44 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I would love to see the bankster and corporatist scum on wall street homeless and begging.
Me too. But everyone must be aware that the babybommers are starting to retire and an awful lot of money will be moving out of the markets into more less rick areas. Deflation is already starting to show up check real estate around world. Brazil has started raising tariffs. World wide job growth is stopping. Deflation will feed on itself as more layoffs occur and less people will have income.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Actually, I get a kick out of hearing people talk about a double dip recession when it is obvious that we are still in the first one. However, Obama did declare the first one over, didn't he?

Mission accomplished!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mission accomplished.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	85275

Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Stock Market is a bunch of hog wash anyways.

True enough.

Stocks are priced in dollars, but the value of the US dollar is at an all-time low and still falling.

So what are these stocks really worth?

Not much and less all the time.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:14 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
When it goes up we see tons of thread giving Obama credit.

It crashes and they are not here. Why not?

He is tanking everything under the sun.

He is like poison.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
To me, things seem worse than 2 years ago. In the spring of 2009 I had no qualms about buying a 52" TV with BD player, a high-end laptop and some other toys. Today I cringe at paying $25 for a stack of Sony DVD's, and think twice about going out to eat even when I have a BOGO coupon for my favorite restaurant.

Back then I assumed we would bounce back quickly. The possibility of people being unemployed for one year seemed remote, much less 2 or 3.

The interesting thing is that I've found that I can live comfortably on far less than I thought I needed. Except for health insurance of course - the skyrocketing premiums since obamacare passed are killing me...
It's my understanding that a large portion of the increase in health care premiums is due to fewer people paying into the pool. My insurer's number of customers dropped so everyone else had to pay more to pick up the slack.

I've worked for only 4 months in the last 14. I don't consider the recession over and most people feel the same way. I believe the current panic is mostly Europe-induced but there's no good news anywhere around.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Curious how you aren't mentioning the Repugs and them causing issues with funding the gov again through FEMA as the root cause to the drop.
Haha.. Yeah, thats it. The federal government not funding a lousy few billion in spending, is causing trillions of dollars to be lost in the market.

You remind me daily how thankful I am that you arent my realtor.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The biggest issue which you are all missing is world wide deflation. 144trill. or more disappeared from the worlds economy's when the cds market collapsed in 2008 (Lehmon and Bear sterns). There have already been countrys defalting (Iceland). This entire mess has been brought on by a Repub. congress and a Dem Pres. with the deregulating of the banking system in 1998 (Grame-Rudman). This week coming I hope you have all taken your 401K's out of stocks and moved into less rick area's. If you are in late 40's -65 this is very important week for your retirement income. Watch as all State and Local pension funds state they will be unable to meet there needs. Watch as private pensions start becoming smaller. Note how low the comodities have started to fall. When this starts watch out it could get ugly
Woah woah, don't you dare bring economic sense into this forum! If it's not obama's fault then it isn't true.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times
Just love it when nit wits start blameing the other party for this mess, when all politicians keep spending trillions of more dollars than they bring in. Why is simple math so hard to figure out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies