Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:50 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nice spin, but this is not what she meant. Don't you guys get tired of trying to yank the feet out of people's mouths?
Don't you guys get tired of defending the Dems in power, always having to clarify what they meant to say, instead of what they actually said.

Nice spin, yourself. Words are words. If they are spoken, the listener can only assume that the words are what was spoken. Kind of like the libs falling all over themselves to say the Dem governor didn't really MEAN postpone elections.

The left pretends to be so much more intelligent than everyone else. Funny, they can't even say what they mean. BULL - they say exactly what they mean, then have their minions run around with damage control.

Nice try. Not going to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 12:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
...to Give People a Livelihood so They Can Provide for Their Families...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obam...heir-families/

HUH?! What woodpile did all these Communists crawl out from??? Yeah Obama sure is a Centrist surrounding himself with all the Che and Mao Marxism lovers...
This echoes Bloomberg's claim that the highest function of government is to provide good food.

Sounds like the central planners in the White House have Karl Marx's talking points coordinated.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:52 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
"
"The Point of Government Is to Give People a Livelihood so They Can Provide for Their Families"

The statement stands on it's own no matter how it's tried to be spun.
It clearly illustrates the mindset.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Given the choice of two horrors I would prefer a communist dictatorship to a corporatist tyranny. I prefer the third way of a market regulated enough to prevent monopolies and oligopolies that can set prices for themselves. This is where our system has failed.

Do you realize how many people with your mindset ended up in the Gulag after Stalin came to power in Russia?

Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Don't you guys get tired of defending the Dems in power, always having to clarify what they meant to say, instead of what they actually said.

Nice spin, yourself. Words are words. If they are spoken, the listener can only assume that the words are what was spoken. Kind of like the libs falling all over themselves to say the Dem governor didn't really MEAN postpone elections.

The left pretends to be so much more intelligent than everyone else. Funny, they can't even say what they mean. BULL - they say exactly what they mean, then have their minions run around with damage control.

your post was a bit confusing, I don't know if I should agree or disagree. I hope you are aware that I was responding to a Lefty that was spinning this as "out of context". All in all, I do agree with what you said, except I wasn't doing any spinning.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Only a complete dolt would read anything strange into this one comment taken totally out of context. The Blaze..Glen Beck?...really now.

"The Point of Government Is to Give People a Livelihood so They Can Provide for Their Families"

To take this literally is so damn ignorant. How would even the most independently run small business run without government enforcements of laws or rules?

No, she didn't say "ensure the safety of our people so they can work as they choose". She said GIVE PEOPLE a livelihood ..... Not ensure an environment.... GIVE PEOPLE A LIVELIHOOD.... as in a GIFT.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand. NOBODY says we need NO government, so your argument is useless.

To take this any other way is so damn ignorant.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Hmm...

P.S. - Neither of them is "my party"
Hmmmmmmm......go back and look at that thread. I was responding to SourD, not you.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
...to Give People a Livelihood so They Can Provide for Their Families...

Obama

HUH?! What woodpile did all these Communists crawl out from??? Yeah Obama sure is a Centrist surrounding himself with all the Che and Mao Marxism lovers...
It is clearly time we started calling these folks out for what they are...........communists. Where is our version of Joe McCarthey? We need him.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:03 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Hmmmmmmm......go back and look at that thread. I was responding to SourD, not you.
Nope, post #30, you replied to me. My response above is simply stating that you do the exact same thing you accuse SourD of.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
Nice spin, but this is not what she meant. Don't you guys get tired of trying to yank the feet out of people's mouths?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Funny, both of you are criticizing the same people. Ringwise, you and SourD are on the "same team", LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies