Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,809,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Not sure that books written by man is what any kind of God 'says".
Show me any real evidence that GOD said anything.... i mean real evidence not "joan of arc" stuff............ the asylums are full of people who "hear things".
It is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for man to have written that book called the Bible.

40 DIFFERENT Authors wrote over a period of 1,600 years - they spoke about every single controversial subject "under the sun" and they were all in complete agreement without ever meeting each other. The biggest bunch of misfits ever assembled.... murderers, kings, fishermen, tent maker, doctor, tax collector - Educated people and common people alike.

We can't get two people to agree on anything simple in this forum.

So throw the bible away if you insist.

It is still easily proven that Jesus Christ did indeed walk this earth. Too many "other" people wrote about HIM.

Concerning Jesus Christ: It was not lawful to call him a man for he was not a man. He did all of those marvelous things which are written about HIM.. .. and HE rose from the dead on April 3rd.

There are more books written in this world about the Apostle Paul; than any other person on this planet. Paul was .. (a well known historical person) ..feared through out the land in many countries He was feared for the murder and torture of Christians. He was THE OSAMA BIN LADEN of that day!

THEN HE MET JESUS CHRIST!!

Socrates:

One day a young boy was walking into the village; he noticed socrates standing by a fountain, he recognized him and approached him and asked. Hey "soc" .. .. How can I know what the 'truth' really is??

Socrates reached up and grabbed him by the back of the neck and shoved his head and half his body into the fountain. He stood over him with a death grip of strength on this young boy. That boys legs and arms were kicking and flailing all over the place to no avail. When Socrates saw the last bit of air bubbles coming out of that boys mouth. He merely picked him up and dropped him on the ground. That boy had to use all his strength and energy to sux in that desperate life giving breath of fresh air. Socrates looked at the boy and said; When you search... with the same intensity and desperation that you took that breath.. then you will find the truth.

Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell

The greatest book ever written on Apologetic (evidences) to date.

A group of post -grads were sick & tired of hearing this bible thumping crap. They set out and did over 40,000 hours of actual research.

They found the truth and published it!! That was in the 1960's

Do you want to really know the truth?? or are you afraid of it? I challenge you to read that book!!

Then... you WILL KNOW the answer to this question posted on this forum.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,370,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
California, where else could this type of lunacy be allowed?

Read more: The California boy, 11, who is undergoing hormone blocking treatment | Mail Online
Too young to make the decision. Also, why not just be male and act female? No problem there.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,488,909 times
I have many gay friends, so this is not a dig on them. However i believe this age is much too young, to make an important decision as this, that can affect the rest of this young person's life, much too young.
No all gay parents do not think this way, i have many gay friends, whom children, are now adults, straight, married with children, to the opposite sex and lead very normal productive lives.

However in this case, i question the parents authroity, to have this child go thru with something that will impact the rest of this young persons life, do not think at this age, the person in question, knows the impact of the emotional stress associated with a decision as this one.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,525,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Prove it!! show me in writing!!
You do the same, show me where God addresses transgendered children.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:18 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,239,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
California, where else could this type of lunacy be allowed?

Read more: The California boy, 11, who is undergoing hormone blocking treatment | Mail Online

you do know that it doesnt stop it completely. puberty is stopped as long as the treatment is ongoing. if the treatment stops, then puberty will kick in.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,422,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Fantastic video Hammertime!

Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Our job as parents is not to keep our kids happy all the time, our job is to guide them and allow them to achieve progress. Sometimes that means being hard on them, sometimes it means making them do something they don't want to do.

If your child said it would make him happy to cover himself in dog poop every day, would you let him or her since it made them happy?

I agree with the other poster, this is a form of abuse with this child and it is wrong. It is a shame that some parents let the kids control the parent-child relationship.
It's a shame that so many people choose to remain uneducated about this topic.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:28 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,239,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It's a shame that so many people choose to remain uneducated about this topic.

I look at it this way, if the kid thinks he should have been born a woman, then giving him the hormone shots will just stall puberty. if he decides later that he would rather be a man, then he can come off the hormones and no harm done. if he wants to go through the complete surgery and get a complete transformation, then he is leaps ahead of what will be her new life.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Parents have a responsibility to TEACH their children the DIFFERENCE between RIGHT & WRONG.

If you think you are in this world to "do what ever feels good" - YOU haven't been taught the difference between good & evil - right vs. wrong.

God simply doesn't even exist - Nothing created everything ?? Then where did EVIL come from if the goodness of God doesn't exist?
What does this have to do with the topic?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Prove it!! show me in writing!!
Quote:
It is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for man to have written that book called the Bible.

40 DIFFERENT Authors wrote over a period of 1,600 years - they spoke about every single controversial subject "under the sun" and they were all in complete agreement without ever meeting each other. The biggest bunch of misfits ever assembled.... murderers, kings, fishermen, tent maker, doctor, tax collector - Educated people and common people alike.

We can't get two people to agree on anything simple in this forum.

So throw the bible away if you insist.

It is still easily proven that Jesus Christ did indeed walk this earth. Too many "other" people wrote about HIM.

Concerning Jesus Christ: It was not lawful to call him a man for he was not a man. He did all of those marvelous things which are written about HIM.. .. and HE rose from the dead on April 3rd.

There are more books written in this world about the Apostle Paul; than any other person on this planet. Paul was .. (a well known historical person) ..feared through out the land in many countries He was feared for the murder and torture of Christians. He was THE OSAMA BIN LADEN of that day!

THEN HE MET JESUS CHRIST!!

Socrates:

One day a young boy was walking into the village; he noticed socrates standing by a fountain, he recognized him and approached him and asked. Hey "soc" .. .. How can I know what the 'truth' really is??

Socrates reached up and grabbed him by the back of the neck and shoved his head and half his body into the fountain. He stood over him with a death grip of strength on this young boy. That boys legs and arms were kicking and flailing all over the place to no avail. When Socrates saw the last bit of air bubbles coming out of that boys mouth. He merely picked him up and dropped him on the ground. That boy had to use all his strength and energy to sux in that desperate life giving breath of fresh air. Socrates looked at the boy and said; When you search... with the same intensity and desperation that you took that breath.. then you will find the truth.

Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell

The greatest book ever written on Apologetic (evidences) to date.

A group of post -grads were sick & tired of hearing this bible thumping crap. They set out and did over 40,000 hours of actual research.

They found the truth and published it!! That was in the 1960's

Do you want to really know the truth?? or are you afraid of it? I challenge you to read that book!!

Then... you WILL KNOW the answer to this question posted on this forum.
Josh McDowell is a non-academic evangelical hack. I've read "Evidence that demands a Verdict".

If I had had to buy it, I would have demanded a refund. Although it WAS good for a laugh.

Everything you posted above is nonsense. You are just parroting a parrot who can only parrot other parrots who write evangelical non-scholarly nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies