Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:08 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Of the Democratic Mormons elected to Congress and Senate, only one (Jim Matherson) represents a Majority Mormon constituency. The others Tom Udall, Harry Reid, and Leonard Boswell represent constituencies with a relatively small % of Mormon voters.

Yes Virginia, Non Mormon Democrats elect Mormon Democrats.
Lol, Nevada has the third largest Mormon population in the country, and they are politically active.

But of course, I never said Non Mormon Dems never elected Mormons. I simply stated, the indisputable fact, that Dems are significantly more anti Morman than Republicans or Independents. Thus less tolerant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 11:09 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, Nevada has the third largest Mormon population in the country, and they are politically active.

But of course, I never said Non Mormon Dems never elected Mormons. I simply stated, the indisputable fact, that Dems are significantly more anti Morman than Republicans or Independents. Thus less tolerant.
Nevada's Mormon population is 11%, they are outnumbers more then 2-1 by Nevada's Catholic residents. Last time I checked that isn't anywhere close to being majority Mormon.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
My rather Democrat state (with a very small Mormom population) had a Mormon governor recently

Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Nevada's Mormon population is 11%. Last time I checked that isn't anywhere close to being majority Mormon.
Ah, nice diversion (check again, it is 7%). But of course the Dems are significantly more anti Mormon than Independents or Republicans. It is a shameful fact.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
My rather Democrat state (with a very small Mormom population) had a Mormon governor recently
That's nice. See the results of the poll. This line of argument reminds me of another time. Some folks made the argument, "some of my best friends are......

Old 09-29-2011, 11:16 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Ah, nice diversion (check again, it is 7%). But of course the Dems are significantly more anti Mormon than Independents or Republicans. It is a shameful fact.
So 71% of Democrats being willing to elect a Mormon to the White House is "shameful," but the fact that there are 4 times as many Democratic Mormons in Congress as there are Republican Jewish, Atheist, Buddhist, and Muslim Congress people is Meh.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:16 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
So much for the party of tolerance.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

"The new Gallup poll, conducted June 9-12, finds nearly 20% of Republicans and independents saying they would not support a Mormon for president. That is slightly lower than the 27% of Democrats saying the same."

Inside the numbers, 18% of Republicans would not vote for a Mormon, 27% of Dems would not vote for a Mormon.

Quite an indictment!
Really? You're going to use 9 percentage points difference as an indictment exclusively against Democrats as a whole being "intolerant"? Get out of here with that hypocritical BS.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
So 71% of Democrats being willing to elect a Mormon to the White House is "shameful," but the fact that there are 4 times as many Democratic Mormon's in Congress as there are Republican Jewish, Atheist, Buddhist, and Muslim Congress people is Meh.
Yes, it is shameful when more than a quarter of Dems wouldn't vote for a person simply because of their religion. Perhaps you think this is fine. Most people would disagree.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
I wonder what percentage of these anti-Mormon democrats are black as the church used to forbid blacks from the priesthood and probably as a bad image amongst blacks

Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Really? You're going to use 9 percentage points difference as an indictment exclusively against Democrats as a whole being "intolerant"? Get out of here with that hypocritical BS.
Lol, the Dems are significantly more intolerant than Independents or Republicans. That's BS alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies