Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:14 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I meant the maybe to be part of the statement since I am not so sure about the born thing. However, I do know that those transgenders aren't born that way.
Do some research. Transgender people are born trans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
It should be Men only, Women and Gays and the rest should stay home...

DADT was one of the few good things Klinton ever did...

I have no doubt Premier 0bomba your first Gay Black president will get right on it....
Lol, I didn't realize Barack Obama, who's married to Michelle Obama, was gay.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Transgenders are mentally ill. How are they going to fight and protect our country if they can't even identify what gender they are?
Being trans doesn't mean you don't know what gender you are. It means you are sure of your gender, and you are sure it's not a gender that society finds acceptable in relation to your biological sex.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Even the Villiage People were just one sex.

Now we're to have gender benders in the military?

So what's next?
Front line targets.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Do some research. Transgender people are born trans.
Show your homework.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What a shock. I guess wearing heels to your first day of bootcamp will now be in vogue.

"The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN), which pushed to end the military’s gay ban, is urging President Obama to sign an executive order prohibiting discrimination based on “gender identity.”

After demise of 'don't ask,' activists call for end to military ban on transgenders - Washington Times
The intent of the far left has always been to destroy the finest military on the planet. Sadly it looks like the sexual deviants are achieving their goal.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:23 AM

760 posts, read 685,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Transgenders are mentally ill. How are they going to fight and protect our country if they can't even identify what gender they are?
I've seen some brain dead folks flying F15E aircraft daily. Hell, mentally ill is a leg up on most pilots

Old 10-02-2011, 10:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
It should be Men only, Women and Gays and the rest should stay home...

DADT was one of the few good things Klinton ever did...

I have no doubt Premier 0bomba your first Gay Black president will get right on it....
Lots of credibility in this post.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:45 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Being trans doesn't mean you don't know what gender you are. It means you are sure of your gender, and you are sure it's not a gender that society finds acceptable in relation to your biological sex.
Your definition sounds like cukoo birds to me

Old 10-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Show your homework.

A Sex Difference in the Human Brain and its Relation to Transsexuality.

By J.-N. Zhou, M.A. Hofman, L.J. Gooren and D.F. Swaab
© NATURE, 378: 68-70 (1995)
Transsexuals have the strong feeling, often from childhood onwards, of having been born the wrong sex. The possible psychogenic or biological etiology of transsexuality has been the subject of debate for many years [1,2]. Here we show that the volume of the central subdivision of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc), a brain area that is essential for sexual behaviour [3,4], is larger in men than in women. A female-sized BSTc was found in male-to-female transsexuals. The size of the BSTc was not influenced by sex hormones in adulthood and was independent of sexual orientation. Our study is the first to show a female brain structure in genetically male transsexuals and supports the hypothesis that gender identity develops as a result of an interaction between the developing brain and sex hormones [5,6].

Investigation of genetics, gonads, genitalia or hormone level of transsexuals has not, so far, produced any results that explain their status [1,2]. In experimental animals, however, the same gonadal hormones that prenatally determine the morphology of the genitalia also influence the morphology and function of the brain in experimental animals in a sexually dimorphic fashion [6,7]. This led to the hypothesis that sexual differentiation of the brain in transsexuals might not have followed the line of sexual differentiation of the body as a whole. In the past few years, several anatomical differences in relation to sex and sexual orientation have been observed in the human hypothalamus (see [6] for a review), but so far no neuroanatomical investigations have been made in relation to the expression of cross-gender identity (transsexuality).

TGmeds

Here's just one article that points to transsexuality being a result of the hormones in utero affecting both the brain and the gonads, but affecting each one to a different degree, and thus leading to a mismatch in gender identity and organ makeup.

There are tons of other articles online that I can't access cause I use a screen reader. (This is the only one I could find in a format I can read.) Feel free to do some research yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies