Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times

Advertisements

Wow!
Now 2 sucessful Dem supporters are pi**ed off!
As Robert Johnson states The president has to recalibrate his message you dont get people to like you by attacking them or demeaning their success! He says he earned his success.
Like so many have he did not come from old money he had 10 kids in his family. He states by attacking me is not going to convince me I need to take a bigger hit because I happen to be wealthy!
This man RLJ Companies operate businesses in the Hotel, Automobile, and Financial Industries and that covers a lot in this country.
obama will probably have to get out the dictionary and look up the word demagoguing Haahaa

Funny he says re: warren buffett if he pays more taxes than his secretary then he should pay his secretary more and she will pay more taxes! Bada bing!

BET FOUNDER TO OBAMA: STOP DEMAGOGUING THE RICH
Obama supporter and fundraiser Robert Johnson appeared on "Fox News Sunday" and spoke out against the president's recent rhetoric demonizing the rich in America.

"I’ve earned my success. I’ve earned my right to fly private if I choose to do so. And by attacking me, is not going to convince me that I should take a bigger hit because I happen to be wealthy."

Breitbart.tv » BET Founder To Obama: Stop Demagoguing The Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 06:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Yeah, I think obama's "fat cats" are getting tired of his demagoguery and class warfare.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,766,220 times
No, no you haven't earned anything. It is the proletariat who has made you who you are. Now fork over all you dough, and no one gets hurt.

Xx,oo

Barry O

Old 10-02-2011, 06:55 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,984,040 times
Yeah, Obama's been real "tough" on the rich.

Quote:
While unemployment remains at close to 9 percent, the average salaries for CEOs at 200 of America’s largest companies rose 20 percent, to $11.7 million, according to the New York Times. Last month, the Wall Street Journal reported that CEO bonuses at 50 major corporations rose 30.5 percent last year, the biggest gain in three years, to an average bonus of $2.5 million.The rich have recovered so fast that their share of America’s income is on track to break the all-time record. According to Emmanuel Saez of the University of California, the top 10 percent of Americans hoarded 46.3 percent of the nation’s income in 1932. That fell to around 31 percent in the 1950s and held steady into the early 1970s, due to a combination of World War II fiscal shocks, more progressive income and corporate tax policies, unions, and social programs. The top 1 percent had 19.6 percent of the nation’s income in 1928 and that fell to 7.7 percent by 1973.
Then income for the wealthy roared back full circle. The share for the top 10 percent was back up to 45.6 percent in 2008. For the top 1 percent, it was back up to 18.3 percent in 2007. All signs point to these shares breaking the records of the 1920s and ’30s. In an email, Saez said, “I expect top income shares to be going up sharply in the near future … With a split Republican/Democrat, Congress/administration, it does not look like the government will take drastic policy steps to change this trend in the medium run (such as more progressive taxation, or stringent regulations). So I don’t see this trend changing.’’
Surprise, surprise: rich get richer - Boston.com (http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-12/bostonglobe/29410552_1_bush-era-tax-cuts-corporations-income - broken link)

Old 10-02-2011, 08:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Wow!
As Robert Johnson states The president has to recalibrate his message you dont get people to like you by attacking them or demeaning their success! He says he earned his success.
Like so many have he did not come from old money he had 10 kids in his family. He states by attacking me is not going to convince me I need to take a bigger hit because I happen to be wealthy!
This man RLJ Companies operate businesses in the Hotel, Automobile, and Financial Industries and that covers a lot in this country.
obama will probably have to get out the dictionary and look up the word demagoguing Haahaa

Funny he says re: warren buffett if he pays more taxes than his secretary then he should pay his secretary more and she will pay more taxes! Bada bing!

Obama supporter and fundraiser Robert Johnson appeared on "Fox News Sunday" and spoke out against the president's recent rhetoric demonizing the rich in America.

"I’ve earned my success. I’ve earned my right to fly private if I choose to do so. And by attacking me, is not going to convince me that I should take a bigger hit because I happen to be wealthy."

I never miss Fox News Sunday and sure enough Johnson said those very things. He is tired of Obama as so many others of his race are.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,066,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Wow!

Gee....he MUST be an "uncle tom"!

Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,200,345 times
Why is the notion of returning the tax bracket back to what it already has been "class warfare"?

Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Why is the notion of returning the tax bracket back to what it already has been "class warfare"?
You mean when the top marginal rate was 70% or when it was 0%.

How much income of yours do you think the government (federal, state, local) is entitled to?

30%? 40%? 60%? 80%?

Old 10-02-2011, 08:57 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,483,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, I think obama's "fat cats" are getting tired of his demagoguery and class warfare.

Cain is going to bring class warfare from the other direction. Pick your poison.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,483,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean when the top marginal rate was 70% or when it was 0%.

How much income of yours do you think the government (federal, state, local) is entitled to?

30%? 40%? 60%? 80%?

Did anyone actually ever PAY 70% with all the loopholes available?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies