Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 11:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
How desperate is FOX anyway that they get this loser on the air and ask him about his political opinions?

By the way it's rare that I throw away a music CD but I tossed "That's How they do it in Dixie." Holy cow was that bad.
Why does any news outlet care what a entertainer has to say about political issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:02 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why does any news outlet care what a entertainer has to say about political issues?
Ask ABC and Bill Maher.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ask ABC and Bill Maher.
It's not just ABC...They ALL drag them out for some fluff "news" and to excite the easy to excite.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
I commented earlier after first learning of this that I thought Hank Jr. was wrong to say what he did.

While I still say he used a horrible analogy, after reading his new remarks on this I understand what he was trying to say.

Quote:
“My analogy was extreme — but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me — how ludicrous that pairing was. They’re polar opposites and it made no sense. They don’t see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the President.

“Every time the media brings up the tea party it’s painted as racist and extremists — but there’s never a backlash — no outrage to those comparisons,†Williams said. “Working class people are hurting — and it doesn’t seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job – it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change.â€
This is what he shouldve said the first time. Often times, people try to use these analogies to sound witty or what, I dont know. But they dont always come off too well.

I agree with his new statement on this. He is right on with what he says above.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Looks good on the POS, Hank junior couldn't hold a candle to his daddy.....
Well, of course not...it would have ignited the vapor cloud of drugs and liquor. The blast would have likely killed Hank, his son, a cousin, sister and niece. So right there you would have a total of 3 people dead.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Anyone that watches MNF knows the voice....but the regime can't stand for that sort of thing. He's gone.
WC Fields said something about 80 years ago along the lines of "only an idiot links politics with business and alienates 1/2 thier customers."

Old 10-04-2011, 02:55 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Well he's a shooter, to most shooters 0bama is a lot like Hitler...

I hate anyone that would try to disarm law abiding Americans, 0bummer needs to be Impeached and tried for Treason...

Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Well he's a shooter, to most shooters 0bama is a lot like Hitler...

I hate anyone that would try to disarm law abiding Americans, 0bummer needs to be Impeached and tried for Treason...
Tell us some other lies about Obama, please.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:08 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Under the radar "gun control??? Fast and Furious??? UN small arms treaty??? The few votes he actually made in the Illinois legislature and the US Senate were all for gun control...

Just like Hitler he's all for disarming the people, no wonder Hank don't like him...

Old 10-04-2011, 03:26 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
OK, I watched the clip and nowhere did I hear him compare Obama to Hitler. Can someone point it out to me please?
Anyone??

The stupid thing of course is that ESPN's overreaction brought far more attention to what HWJ said and reinforced the association between them than had they just said during the meeting where they decided to pull the song, "well he's a kook but he's not our spokesman, so whatever."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies