Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:27 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times

Advertisements

ESPN YANKS HANK WILLIAMS JR. FROM 'MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL' - LIKENS OBAMA TO HITLER

No more lead-in song: "All My Rowdy Friends Are Back for Monday Night"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 05:36 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Default Listen to tape of FOX FRIENDS and Hank Jr.

Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler.- Fox & Friends - 10/3/11 - YouTube

Here is youtube.com video of Hank Williams Jr. blasting Obama.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:45 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Man, he sure didnt seem like he even wanted to be there at first. You could tell, they were uncomfortable with his answer. He obviously went too far and I dont think it was a very good
analogy. I hate Obama but Im not gonna go as far as to compare him to a man who wanted to
murder Jews.

He made the comment, which he shouldnt have. ESPN has every right to not use him anymore. Of course, Im not so sure they wouldve acted the same way to someone on their payroll that makes
a similar type of comment about a Conservative.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:48 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,977 times
Wonder where he'd be greeting customers today if he didn't have his father's name to peddle.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
This seems a little silly. I mean honestly had ESPN not been so dramatic I wouldn't have known Hank said this. Also, I don't think many people actually connect Hank Williams Jr. to ESPN. Hell some of the people who watch MNF probably don't even know who the hell he is.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Well...Remember the "Dixie Chicks"?

These entertainers should learn to keep their fat mouths shut.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Man, he sure didnt seem like he even wanted to be there at first. You could tell, they were uncomfortable with his answer. He obviously went too far and I dont think it was a very good
analogy. I hate Obama but Im not gonna go as far as to compare him to a man who wanted to
murder Jews.

He made the comment, which he shouldnt have. ESPN has every right to not use him anymore. Of course, Im not so sure they wouldve acted the same way to someone on their payroll that makes
ESPN has protected...and coddled Craig James, their College Football commentary analyst. James caused Texas Tech Head Coach Mike Leach to be fired. James son was a cry baby, and Coach Leach disciplined James for legitimate reasons. James used his National ESPN Platform to criticise Leach....an Outrageous conflict of interest...and ESPN backed up the whining Daddy James. ESPN is a joke....with no credibility.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Hank just solidified the view of the stereotypical ignorant right wing trailer park hick.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
murder Jews.

As a supporter of free speech, I'm not happy about this.

As they say, popular speech doesn't need protection. I support everybody's right to speak out, even if they come off looking like an idiot .

I doubt very much the decision to replace Williams was politically motivated, though. It's not like they are going to replace him with Kanye West or something. ESPN is a corporation, and their eye is on the bottom line. From their management POV, who needs the headache, the boycotts, the controversy??? It would just distract from the mission. Better to find a less controversial singer.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
ESPN has protected...and coddled Craig James, their College Football commentary analyst. James caused Texas Tech Head Coach Mike Leach to be fired. James son was a cry baby, and Coach Leach disciplined James for legitimate reasons. James used his National ESPN Platform to criticise Leach....an Outrageous conflict of interest...and ESPN backed up the whining Daddy James. ESPN is a joke....with no credibility.
Yeah, Im no fan of ESPN. I use to like them over 15 years ago. But part of it has to do with I really dont give as much a damn about sports as I use to. Its become another celebrity gossip culture with far too much obsession by fans and far too much about greed than the game.

I see your point but honestly, he really shouldnt of said it. ESPN probably couldve just said nothing and not many people wouldve known about it, but they have every right to "protect" their "image".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies