Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,879,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So they are just "occupying Wall Street" for no reason at all?

btw Mr Bob.. did you check out posting #20, where they proved you wrong once again?
You understand, well I hope you do, that a list compiled from Forum suggestions from people like you and I, does not make a "List of Demands" of any Organization, even one as loosely organized as the Occupy WS group. That would be like you making a demand that people believe the Stimulus created zero jobs. And that somehow becomes an official demand of C-D. The only thing that has been proven long ago, ego maniacs believe that anything they think, is truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was really surprised when I heard this this afternoon since I had heard a list of their demands yesterday and it wasn't nearly as extensive and ridiculous as this list. Those college kids who are being used as useful idiots just as their kind have been done in the 20s, 30s and 60s appear to be less intelligent as they were in those days.

Idiotic Demands of the Wall Street Protestors - The Rush Limbaugh Show

To avoid even more about those kids scroll down two paragraphs to see their list and some discussion of how silly they really are.
You attack an entire generation as usefull idiots? YOU believe they shouldn't have Freedom of Speech? You believe they should just what? Lay around unconcerned about what's happening in their country? If they did YOU'D be whining about that!

YOU were the "younger generation" in the 20's and 30's, weren't you?

You sure have no confidence in young Americans....that's a shame , THEY will be running this country....as well as YOUR generation or any other generation did....

Yup, tradition has it that old geezers look down their crooked nose at them "young'uns".....

Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You attack an entire generation as usefull idiots? YOU believe they shouldn't have Freedom of Speech? You believe they should just what? Lay around unconcerned about what's happening in their country? If they did YOU'D be whining about that!

Well for one, they wouldn't be calling for the reelection of obama if they were at all serious.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 AM

30,095 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:

YOU were the "younger generation" in the 20's and 30's, weren't you?

You sure have no confidence in young Americans....that's a shame , THEY will be running this country....as well as YOUR generation or any other generation did....

Yup, tradition has it that old geezers look down their crooked nose at them "young'uns".....
Even idiots are awarded freedom of speech in the US. Just because they are allowed to say something does not make it intelligent.

Just as twenty year old is wiser than a three year old, so is a fifty year old wiser than a twenty year old. It involves this stuff called life experiences.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well for one, they wouldn't be calling for the reelection of obama if they were at all serious.
Please try to show a connection to the post of mine you quoted and your reply (????)

Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Even idiots are awarded freedom of speech in the US. Just because they are allowed to say something does not make it intelligent.

Just as twenty year old is wiser than a three year old, so is a fifty year old wiser than a twenty year old. It involves this stuff called life experiences.
Sorry, I know 50 somethings who haven't a clue.

And very wise 20 year olds.....sorry you haven't that experience.
Besides right now it looks like many are getting life experience .

The young are the new generation, you can't hold them back just because you disagree with their ideas.

How nice it would be for those who Worship The Wealthy as their ONLY god if these young AMERICANS ignored the crap in this country.....

They have every right to try to change things to better their future....

Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,244,067 times
The problem with the youth of every generation is lack of real life experience. I am the first to admit that quantity never equates to quality.
a 50 year old bum is still a bum.
These jids. How many of them have had a successful career? How many of them actually ran a business, was a boss responsible for a number of people and assets?
How many of them have lived on their own without mom and dad supporting them for any real amount of time?
I had an economy major staying with me last year. Smartest person I ever met. But not a lick of common sense. Could not balance a checkbook or figure out how to budget himself. Could not teach him that you never count money before its in your pocket. Well if I work overtime or if I do this or that. Only problem is Overtime is always a maybe. Thats youth.
Young people are our future and they have energy to spare, they just lack real life experience.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
I am one of the 50+ (way plus) and I, through "life experience", see things completely different from ROB and the rest of the money worshiping greedsters on Wall Street. I do not see the banksters as "Capitalist" heroes but as a great bunch of colluding gangsters doing all they can to eliminate any market threats to their looting of the US and the rest of the world. They are operating the biggest scam ever.

We should have let the system collapse in 2008. That would have done less damage then the coming collapse in six years or so. By then even the taxpayers will not have enough money or credit left to stop the fall. Then we will see what a depression looks and feels like.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,035,742 times
The Me generation. Bunch of spoiled brats is all they are. Why aren't they working? Who has time to sit around stinking up a park for two weeks? Oh I know who a bunch of communists who want more money from the government.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,879,946 times
Quote:
Sorry, I know 50 somethings who haven't a clue.

And very wise 20 year olds.....sorry you haven't that experience.
Besides right now it looks like many are getting life experience .

The young are the new generation, you can't hold them back just because you disagree with their ideas.

How nice it would be for those who Worship The Wealthy as their ONLY god if these young AMERICANS ignored the crap in this country.....

They have every right to try to change things to better their future....
I am sure he has had the experience, there's just something preventing him from accepting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies