Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

Advertisements

I find it so bizarre that when the same logic that applies to everyone else is applied to homosexuals, they fly off the handle and scream UNFAIR!!

Don't they want to be treated like everybody else??

Well.... men and women are kept separate for a reason! Sexual attraction, being JUST ONE of those reasons! But still a huge reason! You cannot have physically fit young men and women showing together and walking around in their underwear together and not expect something to go down!! Even if there is no attraction, there is still a level of discomfort. Some of these soldiers are married.

Not knowing that someone might be checking you out is one thing. But "knowing" who it is adds to the discomfort.

Somebody sent me a PM that said "Gay men are only attracted to gay men....don't flatter yourself". That's funny!

I'm a straight man and I still see some lesbians as smokin' hot. Why?? Because I'm attracted to females...PERIOD. If she's fine, she's FINE! I just shake my head. So don't give me that load of garbage! Homosexual men are attracted to men....PERIOD. You don't know if the guy you scoped out is homosexual or not. All you know is that he looks good to you. Don't tell that does not happen in the barracks.

I know it's not PC to be truthful on this issue. But there needs to be a separation on the same basis that females are kept from men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Straight and gay soldiers have been living and fighting together for tens of thousands of years. Sexual orientation never made a difference when I and 400 other guys were packed into a iron box crossing the pacific Ocean.

As car as fighting is concerned sex does not enter the picture. That is a different part of your nervous system. I could care less about someone’s gender or orientation in a fire fight. I just have to count on them covering my back when I do something profoundly stupid. Fortunately they did.

CKane - You need to learn to stop worrying. So what if some of the troopies become lovers. If you are willing to fight for your friends you will still be willing to fight for your lovers. You guys worry too much about sex anyway. By your logic high school students should be sexually segregated.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:33 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,241 times
We've had drug dealers in the military for years also. Does that mean if they legalize drugs and allow them to conduct business openly others won't be affected?
Both the same to me.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Straight and gay soldiers have been living and fighting together for tens of thousands of years. Sexual orientation never made a difference when I and 400 other guys were packed into a iron box crossing the pacific Ocean.

As car as fighting is concerned sex does not enter the picture. That is a different part of your nervous system. I could care less about someone’s gender or orientation in a fire fight. I just have to count on them covering my back when I do something profoundly stupid. Fortunately they did.

Tell me something I don't know!

Our culture is different. And it did make a difference. They kept that secret.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
We've had drug dealers in the military for years also. Does that mean if they legalize drugs and allow them to conduct business openly others won't be affected?
Both the same to me.

Not the same....and you know it.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:

CKane - You need to learn to stop worrying. So what if some of the troopies become lovers. If you are willing to fight for your friends you will still be willing to fight for your lovers. You guys worry too much about sex anyway. By your logic high school students should be sexually segregated.

Boys and GIRLS have separate showers and locker rooms....

You proved my point.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Without drugs 'Nam would have been even more of a PIA than it was. Speed is a very useful drug when added to pure fear.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:

...and how much more entertaining would it have been in that iron box, if a few dozen of those soldiers were women?

The difference back then is, if those gay soldiers had come out as gay, they would have been kicked out of the military and faced disciplinary action, so there was a very strong motivator to not do so. Once gays can serve openly, then everything changes.

If a unit commander knows that he has four men and four women checking into his unit, he must ensure he keeps the living quarters of the two genders separate. Somehow this line of thinking is supposed to be suspended when gays, bis and lesbians are concerned.

Next thing on the docket for the libs, will be to do away with the silly, antiquated notion of keeping the living and showers of military men and women separate. Then we can finally do the same for the local high school and college gymnasiums, athletic clubs, YWCA and public restrooms etc...

Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
If the straight men are fundamentalists or evangelicals, best to put them in a room by themselves because they may not have the capacity to cope with anyone different to them.

Everyone else will get along just fine together.
But, but.. That would be Christian persecution! We can't discriminate against religious conservatives.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:56 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Boys and GIRLS have separate showers and locker rooms....

You proved my point.
Every one of these threads devolves into the same lunacy.

1) First we make the case that we do not mix the living quarters and showers of men and women.

2) Then we are told that this separation of the genders does not apply to gays, and its okay for gays to sleep and shower together

3) Then we remind the libs that gays do have sex, and do not have a magically lower libidos, and if men and women are separated, so should gays.

4) Then we are told that we should allow all genders to share showers and living quarters together, and cite the move Starship Troopers or a stupid policy of some European country.

5) Then the thread either dies, or is repopulated with people who are back at point #1; rinse, repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies