Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 11:19 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times

Advertisements

Many of you may be aware of this, but I wasn't.
Ok,
I have a certain amount of my paycheck, allocated to savings accounts....and a certain amount is for bills...which remains in my checking account. Sometimes, I find it necessary to get gas in the middle of the week. By then, I have paid my bills with a remaining oh, say $50.00 in my checking account, for which I use my debit card for.

But what I didn't know is this...when I get gas, and I have a little care, which usually costs between 10 - 12 dollars...I put it on my debit card, and the company who I am buying gas from, automatically tacks on a fee of $75.00 onto my debit card, which caused me to be overdrawn. This happened to me, last week, and I just found out about it. That company from whom I purchased the gas from, lied to me, and told me "my bank" was tacking on the $75.00. I went to my bank and they told me, "no, that is not true and said, wawa does it as well as many resturants. Well, I've not had a problem with that b/c my charge cards are not maxed out...however, there should be a law against doing this...I don't think it's right? How can they legally tac on an additional amount for 24 - 48 hours, which you didn't use?

Could someone please enlighten me?

thanks
Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies