Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times

Advertisements

...and being used to indoctrinate the little ones into their game of misguided guilt. Nothing new really. Just another grab at our kids from the gang at Sesame Street.

Meet Lily Sesame Street’s New Character About Food Insecure Childhood Hunger | Video | TheBlaze.com

"The children’s program will introduce “Lily” during a one-hour prime-time special Oct. 9 to raise awareness about hunger faced by American families who are “food insecure,” meaning their access to food is limited or uncertain."

I wonder if the show will depict this "food insecure" Muppet with her cell phone, big screen TV, a/c, ipod, etc. that statistics show us 98% of our starving, er, "food insecure" families in America own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
I can always count on the looney left for a laugh at the end of a long day.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
How is it possible to be food insecure when Obama is embossing food stamp cards faster than the FED prints money?

Maybe if the House actually defunded PBS and put the sockpuppet on the backs of PBS supporters to privately fund there would be more food stamp cards to go around.

I support my local food bank. Do the Muppets?

Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
While I don't see Sesame Street as the right forum for this issue, people going hungry really isn't anything to sneer at either.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 PM

103 posts, read 102,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I wonder if the show will depict this "food insecure" Muppet with her cell phone, big screen TV, a/c, ipod, etc. that statistics show us 98% of our starving, er, "food insecure" families in America own?

Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,958 times
When's the last time you heard of a person dying in this country of starvation? The media would be on that like a cute little white girl gone missing case. Our country's so great our poor people get fat, not starving and dead.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Now, now, we must be PC....and speak of the "Food Challenged" in the kindest of terms, LOL!~

BTW, tell those in DC to get their dang hands off of my salt shaker!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
...and being used to indoctrinate the little ones into their game of misguided guilt. Nothing new really. Just another grab at our kids from the gang at Sesame Street.

Meet Lily Sesame Street’s New Character About Food Insecure Childhood Hunger | Video | TheBlaze.com

"The children’s program will introduce “Lily” during a one-hour prime-time special Oct. 9 to raise awareness about hunger faced by American families who are “food insecure,” meaning their access to food is limited or uncertain."

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Judge not, lest ye be judged.
See post#6 above.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
How is it possible to be food insecure when Obama is embossing food stamp cards faster than the FED prints money?

Maybe if the House actually defunded PBS and put the sockpuppet on the backs of PBS supporters to privately fund there would be more food stamp cards to go around.

I support my local food bank. Do the Muppets?

You support your local food bank, do you? How noble. Try eating cans of corn nobody wanted so they threw leftovers in a bag for "those heathen," for months or years on end. That solves all the problems. Does it matter to those of you who contribute to your local food bank that maybe it's your supoport of wicked politicians and their stupid economic policies that drove these people to the food bank in the first place???

There are actual hungry poor out there trying to do the right thing, or at least there were before they gave up. It's every last man, woman, and child for themselves, now. The poor know that. They've learned from the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies