Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times

Advertisements

No Recession for U.S. as Forecasts Improve - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/No-Recession-for-US-as-bloomberg-3344563177.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=4&asset=&cc ode - broken link)=

Haha.........I mean my god if people don't see how rigged the market is and how full of bs our government and media is I don't know what will wake them up. The stock market seems to rise and fall not on fundamentals or the health of the economy but whatever is front page news on yahoo or bloomberg. The US has been in a recession for the last 30+ year. LMAO! I mean why the hell do people think we have $14 trillion in debt. And now Germany and France bail out and nationalize a bank to the tune of billions and trilllions. Yippee! All is right in the world now.

It's pathetic when we as a nation can't even come together as one and protest the pathetic plutocracy and tyrannical government that runs our country. The OWS movement is a complete and utter failure at unifying this country and the idiot American media and the brain dead buffoons that listen to them have divided the entire movement along political lines. How is anything ever going to change if we don't even agree on what the problem is and we can't even stand together to challenge and protest that problem. The problem IS WALLSTREET! WALLSTREET RUNS EVERYTHING! THEY OWN EVERTYHING i.e. the rich banking families the corporations etc. Everything ABOUT the stock market nowadays is corrupt. It's not just the banks, it's not just this corporation or that corporation............it's EVERTYHING about the entire system. It's the banks, it's Washington, it's multinational corporations. WallStreet as much as many Americans want to bury their head in the sand for whatever reason IS NOT a symbol of capitalism. It's a symbol of everything that capitalism IS NOT. It's an entire wealth redistribution system set up to enrich a few while protecting risk by a slave laboring middle class and their taxes. But mindless lemmings in America think that because they own a few shares, a few bonds, and a few gold coins think they are somehow "capitalists" and large and in charge. HAHA! Meanwhile they actually own nothing.......and most of all nothing of PRODUCTIVE VALUE i.e. productive property which is what capitalism is all about. Most Americans don't own their cars, their homes, don't own any land, don't own any of the company they work for and really have no say in anything, and don't even own their education nowadays. We are a nation of debt slaves and serfs. Might as well be medieval Europe. We are blinded by our materialism as if because we have Iphones and Starbucks and flat screen tv.s and McMansions we are some how mini capitalists enjoying liberty and freedom. The notion of ownership is dead in America because the rich own everything. 80% of the population is vying for 7% of the "pie" while the top 20% sit back and gobble up the other 93%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 11:12 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
No Recession for U.S. as Forecasts Improve - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/No-Recession-for-US-as-bloomberg-3344563177.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=4&asset=&cc ode - broken link)=

Haha.........I mean my god if people don't see how rigged the market is and how full of bs our government and media is I don't know what will wake them up. The stock market seems to rise and fall not on fundamentals or the health of the economy but whatever is front page news on yahoo or bloomberg. The US has been in a recession for the last 30+ year. LMAO! I mean why the hell do people think we have $14 trillion in debt. And now Germany and France bail out and nationalize a bank to the tune of billions and trilllions. Yippee! All is right in the world now.

It's pathetic when we as a nation can't even come together as one and protest the pathetic plutocracy and tyrannical government that runs our country. The OWS movement is a complete and utter failure at unifying this country and the idiot American media and the brain dead buffoons that listen to them have divided the entire movement along political lines. How is anything ever going to change if we don't even agree on what the problem is and we can't even stand together to challenge and protest that problem. The problem IS WALLSTREET! WALLSTREET RUNS EVERYTHING! THEY OWN EVERTYHING i.e. the rich banking families the corporations etc. Everything ABOUT the stock market nowadays is corrupt. It's not just the banks, it's not just this corporation or that corporation............it's EVERTYHING about the entire system. It's the banks, it's Washington, it's multinational corporations. WallStreet as much as many Americans want to bury their head in the sand for whatever reason IS NOT a symbol of capitalism. It's a symbol of everything that capitalism IS NOT. It's an entire wealth redistribution system set up to enrich a few while protecting risk by a slave laboring middle class and their taxes. But mindless lemmings in America think that because they own a few shares, a few bonds, and a few gold coins think they are somehow "capitalists" and large and in charge. HAHA! Meanwhile they actually own nothing.......and most of all nothing of PRODUCTIVE VALUE i.e. productive property which is what capitalism is all about. Most Americans don't own their cars, their homes, don't own any land, don't own any of the company they work for and really have no say in anything, and don't even own their education nowadays. We are a nation of debt slaves and serfs. Might as well be medieval Europe. We are blinded by our materialism as if because we have Iphones and Starbucks and flat screen tv.s and McMansions we are some how mini capitalists enjoying liberty and freedom. The notion of ownership is dead in America because the rich own everything. 80% of the population is vying for 7% of the "pie" while the top 20% sit back and gobble up the other 93%.
And this is what I think of your rant: '0'

Old 10-10-2011, 11:15 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
And this is what I think of your rant: '0'

Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
I agree a rant on what civiliazation ihas always been like exceot we have it much better now.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:

That tin foil hat a little tight today? Do you even know what the definition of a recession is without looking it up online?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
That tin foil hat a little tight today? Do you even know what the definition of a recession is without looking it up online?

That definition has changed over the last 70 years as to not create panics like before and what started the great depression.

Technically going by 1929 standards, we have been in a full on depression for 3 years.
2011 standards and it is just a bad day on wall street.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:

Not to go interjecting facts or anything...

Nearly 70% of the taxable income in this country is concentrated in individuals with returns between $50,001 - $500,000 a year (with nearly 25% falling into the $100,001 - $200,000 category). That means the other 30% of taxable income is distributed out amongst those making less than $50,000 and those making more than $500,001.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies