Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Oh if only. We could do with some heads on pikes.
They've already had the Goldman Sach's CEO effigy with his head on a pike. Is that really the violence for which you hunger?

http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2011/10/o...-movement.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Those who do not support our Constitution but look at the government as a feeding trough "what is in it for me" are without a doubt to the left.
Oh,you mean the bankers,corporate fat cats,big farmers etc etc are all leftists?Interesting view point there.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
In his latest rant, perhaps just to out-insane Limbaugh to gather ratings or he's just showing his true hate filled self, Beck on the OWS protestors states that: "They will come for you and drag you into the streets and kill you. They will do it. They’re not messing around."

These kind of asinine statements appear to be classic signs of paranoid schizophrenia

Glenn Beck: Protestors ‘Will Come For You, Drag You Into The Streets, And Kill You’ | Mediaite
I disagree with and dislike most right-wing commentators. However, there are only two of them whom I believe are certifiably insane and in need of serious mental care: Glen Beck and Michael Savage. Beck's former partner in radio has given interviews where he describes Beck's mental lapses in detail. Just listen to Beck. For those of you who have never had a crazy relative, that's what crazy sounds like folks.

I suspect Fox canned him because they don't want to be associated with him when the inevitable major meltdown occurs. Mark my words, Beck is going to be hospitalized for "mental exhaustion" or something along those lines in the near future.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Beck's always done this--it's all about sensationalism for ratings--the guy will stoop to anything and has zero shame. FOX let him go for the same reason. The problem is that some people actually take him seriously.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Oh,you mean the bankers,corporate fat cats,big farmers etc etc are all leftists?Interesting view point there.
Yes, those included. However, it requires a coruppt government to allow that to happen.

Do you ignore the Solyndras, SunPower, GM, LightSquared, Brookfield Properties, and other chronies whom Obama has paid back the most recently?

Look at those in Obama's cabinet and his czars:
JP Morgan
Goldman Sachs
GE
Monsanto
Google

You should be protesting the Obama administration!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
...snipped...He and Limbaugh and others of their ilk had years to perfect their acts, and with the OWS protesters shining some light in the dark corners, he's just scared spitless.
I so disagree with the "spirit" of this statement. If it wasn't for Limbaugh and others, these movements would never have happened. The OWS protesters, for the most part, I think, are paid protesters. What they are doing is good, to some extent, but don't get too starry eyed over the individuals.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:45 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I disagree with and dislike most right-wing commentators. However, there are only two of them whom I believe are certifiably insane and in need of serious mental care: Glen Beck and Michael Savage. Beck's former partner in radio has given interviews where he describes Beck's mental lapses in detail. Just listen to Beck. For those of you who have never had a crazy relative, that's what crazy sounds like folks.

I suspect Fox canned him because they don't want to be associated with him when the inevitable major meltdown occurs. Mark my words, Beck is going to be hospitalized for "mental exhaustion" or something along those lines in the near future.
Can you give a link to the former partners statements ? I would like to read that. Not doubting, mind you, just curious.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:46 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yes, those included. However, it requires a coruppt government to allow that to happen.

Look at those in Obama's cabinet and his czars:
JP Morgan
Goldman Sachs
GE
Monsanto
Google
Check out who was in Bushy boy and DICK Cheney's pockets too...repubs and dems are both corrupt trash...I wont argue against that point.....but,until something comes along better you just have to make lemonade out of the lemons you've got.

BTW..BUSH played with those same companies prior to Obama as did Clinton... as did H.W.... as did Reagan ad nauseum.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Check out who was in Bushy boy and DICK Cheney's pockets too...repubs and dems are both corrupt trash...I wont argue against that point.....but,until something comes along better you just have to make lemonade out of the lemons you've got.

BTW..BUSH played with those same companies prior to Obama as did Clinton... as did H.W.... as did Reagan ad nauseum.
Newsflash: Obama is the one handing out the money NOW.

Pull your head out already. Make the one in office NOW be accountable. Hypocrits!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
In his latest rant, perhaps just to out-insane Limbaugh to gather ratings or he's just showing his true hate filled self, Beck on the OWS protestors states that: "They will come for you and drag you into the streets and kill you. They will do it. They’re not messing around.[i]"
Is this any crazier than the Congressional Black Caucus and Rep. Andre Carson (D-Illinois) claiming that the Tea Party wants to lynch all blacks and take the U.S. back to the good old Jim Crow days?

The only difference I see is that Beck is paid to play the role of a lunatic fringe radio personality but Carson is an elected government official who wields power and influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies