Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 AM

443 posts, read 601,210 times

Advertisements

One thing I never get is when there is absurdly evil stories like this on the news, people always are leaving comments such as, "this is how it is these days! oh, how horrible our society has come!!!"

People, evil and dispicable acts have been part of mankind since the begining of time. It isn't something that is just happening to get worse. It is just easier documented now with newer technology. If you really think that crimes like this didn't happen in the 1950, 1850s, or 500BC then you are living in a bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
tip of the ice berg
interesting how hate crime law is not used on AA but only on wasps.
but much of the gooning like what we just saw on the video, goes unpunished and unnoticed.
i am sure the young men that did this do not see themselves as criminals at all.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM

810 posts, read 837,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
One thing I never get is when there is absurdly evil stories like this on the news, people always are leaving comments such as, "this is how it is these days! oh, how horrible our society has come!!!"

People, evil and dispicable acts have been part of mankind since the begining of time. It isn't something that is just happening to get worse. It is just easier documented now with newer technology. If you really think that crimes like this didn't happen in the 1950, 1850s, or 500BC then you are living in a bubble.
The difference is that today these sort of demented acts have become the primary focus. The scum are using the videos of them attacking women and the elderly to show they are "alpha males".
If this was in the past the pieces of crap would have been fed to the dogs. But we live in a liberal, criminal loving, sensitive society that allows these kinds of thugs to thrive.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:03 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
What is has become? Oh please, stop being a drama queen. Rewind to 100 years ago and lynchings and hangings weren't uncommon by young men then. Why is it that every generation is so stupid to think that things were perfect when they grew up and are falling apart now.
Thank you for bringing that up. Personally, this nation has never been perfect. People talk about "the good old days". In the good old days Blacks would have been subjected to lynchings. Today there is still racial strife, just in different ways.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:07 AM

810 posts, read 837,868 times
Lynching lives on with gun shootings and other kinds of violence, in the end it's all murder. The ways of decrepitude changed but now it seems to be increasing and moving into other realms.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:14 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,070,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I blame the economy.

Good one!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,941,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
The difference is that today these sort of demented acts have become the primary focus. The scum are using the videos of them attacking women and the elderly to show they are "alpha males".
If this was in the past the pieces of crap would have been fed to the dogs. But we live in a liberal, criminal loving, sensitive society that allows these kinds of thugs to thrive.
Yeah, American society loves criminals.

That's why our incarceration rate has skyrocketed over the past few decades.

That's why we have one of the largest prison populations in the world.

We love criminals so much we've decided to give them all a place to stay, whether they're a violent criminal or they just got caught smoking a joint.

Learn the facts and chill with the Chicken Little act. Oh, and just FYI, many of the people who contributed to that meteoric rise in our incarceration rate are non-violent offenders, i.e. drug abusers. Sit around and lament the decline of American society if you want, but it's not because of the two sh*theads you posted in that video.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Because I doubt worldstarhiphop.com is doing this to get the kids busted. I'm curious as to what the forums members have to say about this, LOLing or condemning the actions.

This site always has controversial videos.

Anyway, these low lifes should get locked up for life. How can you get much lower than this, to hit a woman is really low. To hit a slow person that is also a woman, can't get much lower.
You're probably right about their intentions, I'm not a big fan of them or mediatakeout. I came across this story first on Sandrarose and her tone and those of most of the commentators was more in line with Allen's initial post on the thread.

I've said it before there is something fundamentally wrong with black culture in particular in the inner cities. It needs to be addressed instead of swept under the rug.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,195,506 times
I should also point out to all of the people here getting mad and acting like children, the violent crime rate has been falling since the 1970's. That sort of goes against all of this anger that you're all showing.

Stop acting like emotional children. No, the sky is not falling.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post

By that rationale folks should be ok with slavery, capital punishment and any host of unspeakable evil simply because it happened somewhere during some point in the past.

Still I would love for you to direct us to a period of time or culture where it was acceptable for young men to pummel disabled women unprovoked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies