Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times

Advertisements

USCG warns staff after Occupy Boston protesters spit on Coast Guard officer « Hot Air

Memo to the military out there. Itd be in your best interest to stay clear of these protests.

Memo to the protesters. Be careful. I dont think all of you or even most of you are violent or are going to be violent. BUT, a "movement" like yours, class warfare, is going to attract some of the worst on the left. Especially when you start getting people at MSNBC and the like encouraging "Kent State" moments. Ratcheting up the violent rhetoric. You will attract those who will want to be violent and hateful. There are those who want this to get violent. Who believe the only way to "send a message" is through violence. Youve been warned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 07:48 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
Oh please this is nothing new, military has limited what sort of things you can do in uniform (like political protests) for decades.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Oh please this is nothing new, military has limited what sort of things you can do in uniform (like political protests) for decades.
When one is spit on, there turns out to be a real concern for the encouragement to stay clear.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:53 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
USCG warns staff after Occupy Boston protesters spit on Coast Guard officer « Hot Air

Memo to the military out there. Itd be in your best interest to stay clear of these protests.

Memo to the protesters. Be careful. I dont think all of you or even most of you are violent or are going to be violent. BUT, a "movement" like yours, class warfare, is going to attract some of the worst on the left. Especially when you start getting people at MSNBC and the like encouraging "Kent State" moments. Ratcheting up the violent rhetoric. You will attract those who will want to be violent and hateful. There are those who want this to get violent. Who believe the only way to "send a message" is through violence. Youve been warned.
I don't know about other branches, but in the Navy, attending protest is against the rules. There are liberals in the military, and I'm not sure why would anyone would want to go in uniform, anyway.

But yes, it does show a lack of critical thinking when people assume all military members are hardcore conservatives.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I don't know about other branches, but in the Navy, attending protest is against the rules. There are liberals in the military, and I'm not sure why would anyone would want to go in uniform, anyway.

But yes, it does show a lack of critical thinking when people assume all military members are hardcore conservatives.
Youre right about not being involved in protests. However, I think they are aiming more at itd be in your best interest to not even get near this one. Go out of your way to stay clear of them.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
People, read the article before responding. The female USCG member in uniform wasn't trying to join the protest, she was just walking by the protest when she was verbally harassed and spit on by protesters. Typical of the ultra-left wing hatred of our nation's military.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
When one is spit on, there turns out to be a real concern for the encouragement to stay clear.
When one is spit on, one should immediately knock all the teeth of the person who spit.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Deflection fail. The victim of this disgusting act was not trying to join the protest. Knowing the area like I do I will tell you that she had to walk by the area the protesters were camped out in order to get to her base from the train station.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:58 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:

No surprise there. these simps hate Wall Street for taking the bailouts that the government gave them, and they hate the military for going to wars that the government sends them to. It's called being a tool, and the necessity of possessing a narrow and limited focus.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
When one is spit on, one should immediately knock all the teeth of the person who spit.

I agree here. Spitting on someone is a form of assault!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies