Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 AM

913 posts, read 872,947 times

Advertisements

I was once an excitable 'Global Warming' proponent. I watched the Great Global Warming Swindle and immediately changed my position. slowly but surely more scientists are starting to come out of hiding and the list of those opposed to the theory is growing daily.

there are some who continue to dig their heels in. now i understand that if you work for the ipcc, any of the national bureaucracies set up to deal with climate change, you have a vested interest in keeping the scam going. to others without theat vested interest, are you just embarrased that you were wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 AM

1,332 posts, read 995,124 times
there is a gloibal warming trend right now...but it isn't caused by man. The Al Gore troop simply cannot explain away why it is that the temerature on MARS has also risen one degree in the last 20 years. Hard for them to say THAT is caused by man since it is uninhabited.

Al Gore did what he did for HIS OWN REASONS. it was done to PROMOTE Al Gore. Last I knew, that Jackwagon was NOT a scientist....but he is a narcissistic ba$tard.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:46 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
I was once an excitable 'Global Warming' proponent. I watched the Great Global Warming Swindle and immediately changed my position. slowly but surely more scientists are starting to come out of hiding and the list of those opposed to the theory is growing daily.

there are some who continue to dig their heels in. now i understand that if you work for the ipcc, any of the national bureaucracies set up to deal with climate change, you have a vested interest in keeping the scam going. to others without theat vested interest, are you just embarrased that you were wrong?
I used to believe in that cult as well, and I also changed my mind when I watched the Great Global Warming Swindle. The sun is the driver of climate, not man. How else do you explain Mars's, like the poster above me said, temperature rise when there is no single living human on it?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 AM

913 posts, read 872,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Last I knew, that Jackwagon was NOT a scientist....but he is a narcissistic ba$tard.

how dare you say that about the man who invented the internet

Old 10-13-2011, 10:49 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Climate Change is a measured fact. The earth goes through it all the time. Whether or not we accelerated it can be debated, but we sure as heck didn't decelerate it.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Threads like this one are a great barometer of American stupidity.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
no scientist ever said the climate was not changing. the discussion was who is responsible.
greed, pig like consumption, massive pollution, and destruction of the environment is not the propriety of scientists, it is a moral responsibility, and right now we are coming up very very short.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no scientist ever said the climate was not changing. the discussion was who is responsible.
greed, pig like consumption, massive pollution, and destruction of the environment is not the propriety of scientists, it is a moral responsibility, and right now we are coming up very very short.
What they said

Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,224,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Threads like this one are a great barometer of American stupidity.
And a reflection of the public school system and its inability to teach some students the use of Spell-Check to have your readers take you seriously.

Of course, AGW deniers don't need to know how to spell. They know it all already.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:18 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
but we sure as heck didn't decelerate it.
And never would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies