Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times

Advertisements

I don't get EWTN on my TV. Did anyone see this?

EWTN- Wings

EWTN Presents 'Bloodmoney: The Business of Abortion'
Plus, EWTN Adds New Papal Event
By Michelle Laque Johnson

With 3,500 abortions a day, it’s a holocaust greater than any other war in the history of mankind.

It’s an unprecedented attack on young women with a goal of three to five abortions for every girl aged 13 to 18.

It’s a money machine distributing defective condoms and ineffective birth control to fuel a multi-billion dollar industry that thrives on the destruction of unborn babies and the traumatizing of young pregnant women.

Get the facts about the abortion industry when EWTN airs, “Bloodmoney: The Business of Abortion,” at 5 a.m. ET and 9 p.m. ET, Sunday, Oct. 2 – exclusively on EWTN. Then buy the film from EWTN Religious Catalouge at http://bit.ly/nvhIpm and get the word out to friends, family and, especially, young women who may be contemplating abortion.

Dr. Alveda King narrates this documentary look into the dark origins of abortion. Learn how a movement based on racism and population control usurped the momentum of the women’s rights movement to create something truly despicable.

Last edited by janelle144; 10-03-2011 at 01:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 04:23 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times
For those who will do a knee-jerk reaction without knowing what it is, EWTN is basically the Catholic Channel. Its usual programming consists of theologians discussing whatever it is theologians discuss, masses, news of the Pope. It even used to have a really old nun doing an imitation of QVC selling crosses, rosaries, etc.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:31 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
got any proof of "distributing defective condoms and ineffective birth control to fuel a multi-billion dollar industry" sounds like a program full of half truths and propaganda

Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
It is extrememly disturbing that there are people out there who are gullible enough to believe conspiracy theories like this.

"It’s an unprecedented attack on young women with a goal of three to five abortions for every girl aged 13 to 18.
It’s a money machine distributing defective condoms and ineffective birth control to fuel a multi-billion dollar industry that thrives on the destruction of unborn babies and the traumatizing of young pregnant women."

^^^^Come on......really?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't get EWTN on my TV. Did anyone see this?

EWTN- Wings

EWTN Presents 'Bloodmoney: The Business of Abortion'
Plus, EWTN Adds New Papal Event
By Michelle Laque Johnson

With 3,500 abortions a day, it’s a holocaust greater than any other war in the history of mankind.

It’s an unprecedented attack on young women with a goal of three to five abortions for every girl aged 13 to 18.

It’s a money machine distributing defective condoms and ineffective birth control to fuel a multi-billion dollar industry that thrives on the destruction of unborn babies and the traumatizing of young pregnant women.

Get the facts about the abortion industry when EWTN airs, “Bloodmoney: The Business of Abortion,” at 5 a.m. ET and 9 p.m. ET, Sunday, Oct. 2 – exclusively on EWTN. Then buy the film from EWTN Religious Catalouge at http://bit.ly/nvhIpm and get the word out to friends, family and, especially, young women who may be contemplating abortion.

Dr. Alveda King narrates this documentary look into the dark origins of abortion. Learn how a movement based on racism and population control usurped the momentum of the women’s rights movement to create something truly despicable.
Blue bolding above mine.

All the questions were answered in the last ridiculous abortion thread by same author:
Unwanted and Coerced Abortions ----The Unchoice

Sounds like the creeps in the OP found a way to make money selling videos....to the stupid and gullible...

Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It is extrememly disturbing that there are people out there who are gullible enough to believe conspiracy theories like this.

"It’s an unprecedented attack on young women with a goal of three to five abortions for every girl aged 13 to 18.
It’s a money machine distributing defective condoms and ineffective birth control to fuel a multi-billion dollar industry that thrives on the destruction of unborn babies and the traumatizing of young pregnant women."

^^^^Come on......really?
Do you dispute the fact that 3500 abortions are performed daily and that that adds up to big bucks?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
They don't seem to discuss the high price of pedophilia or war.
The real blood money is in war.

PP gets another donation from me. The tax write off I get is phenomenal!

BTW, EWTN needs to look at their own problems: http://ncronline.org/news/popular-priest-suspended-over-finances (broken link)
WASHINGTON -- Fr. Frank Pavone, one of the country's most visible and vocal opponents of abortion, has been suspended from active ministry outside the Diocese of Amarillo, Texas, over financial questions about his operation of Priests for Life.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Do you dispute the fact that 3500 abortions are performed daily and that that adds up to big bucks?
I haven't the facts about how many abortions are performed but I would hardly believe what some CatLick anti-woman site would say.

Big bucks?

Are you saying abortions should be free?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I haven't the facts about how many abortions are performed but I would hardly believe what some CatLick anti-woman site would say.

Big bucks?

Are you saying abortions should be free?
Fine. Don't believe the Catholic TV show. But at least do your own research. I'm not saying abortions should be free. Abortions should be banned in the same way slavery has been banned.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,131,251 times
I don't know whether organizations supporting abortion purposely distributed defective condoms and birth control. A certain subset of the pro-life community seems to be very keen on conspiracy theories. However, abortion remains the greatest evil facing our society. All abortion doctors are cold-blooded murderers, and undoubtedly some have maximized their profit in other unethical ways. In addition, they locate where the demand is, disproportionately destroying the black population.

I agree with the last poster: abortion should be banned just like slavery is. It's a gross violation of human rights, in fact even more than slavery was. Sadly, I think the role of abortion in society can be likened to the role infanticide once played when it was widespread. A vast number of women will find themselves in difficult situations, and many (often influenced by their family and friends) will choose the less honorable path out - and there are plenty of disgraces to humanity out there to execute their decision.

By the way, EWTN is a Catholic TV channel, and it's actually one of the most respectable religious broadcasters out there (religion aside). Most religious broadcasters are Protestant (Evangelical / Fundamentalist), and most Protestant TV stations (in my experience) have a line-up consisting primarily of hysterical, over-emotional preachers preaching the same limited set of messages over and over again. EWTN actually has a lot of shows that appeal to reason, not emotion, covering a wide variety of topics, from life issues to Catholic spirituality (which is a much more mature tradition than Protestant spirituality) to current events, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies