Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So going to war with a nation which poses no threat to us is OK now?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...war-libya.html
That was in June! lotta good that did.

They are keeping his body in secret, wtf?

Gaddafi body being taken to secret location: NTC official | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I really hope the people pretending to believe that Qaddafi was no threat to us realize that those of us with an ounce of perception know that you're pretending in order to attack your political rivals.

Yes, it's THAT obvious, and very saddening to see people who claim to be patriots use a dictator's death (who murdered Americans and never paid for his crime, while thumbing his nose at us) to attack their opponents. I don't remember Saddam downing any airliners loaded with Americans, but the US right-wing wanted his blood anyway.

It's hilarious watching these people contort themselves and trample all over their own blood-thirsty legacy in a bid to attack the people they hate most - their fellow Americans.

Did y'all whine when Reagan ordered the attacks on Libyan warplanes or Qaddafi's compound? Nooooope. Just celebrations. Very interesting...
We didn't join the shooting gallery because of a plane being shot down in 1988 did we? No the great orator said it was to protect the innocent civilians. I suggest you keep up on why we are there according to the president.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:06 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What is funny is the great orator cites protecting civilians as the reason for attacking Libya and you lefties are howling about a plane bombing that happened in 1988 as justification. You loons don't even know why we're there either but it's OK cause Obama says so. Continue the march of the blind sheep as it's very entertaining.
There is no statute of limitations for any terrorist who kill Americans. Obama has finished the job that Reagan, both Bushes, and Clinton failed to do. If one of your relatives had been on that flight, you'd be dancing in the streets.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That was in June! lotta good that did.

They are keeping his body in secret, wtf?

Gaddafi body being taken to secret location: NTC official | Reuters
Gotta prep him to toss him into the ocean don't ya know.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:08 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Let's be honest. If this had happened under Bush few liberals would be cheering it. At the same time Republicans and conservatives would be applauding it and calling Bush a hero. It cuts both ways. The hypocrisy exists on both sides.
I'm not a liberal, but if Bush would have got Bin Laden, the ton of other Al Qaeda leaders he's taken out, and now Gaddafi (without spending a bunch of money and without putting our troops at risk), they would have held a ticker tape parade. Hasn't that been the point of the last 10 years--to take out crazy people who are a real threat, or who want to hurt us? I don't care if you like Obama or not--he deserves credit where credit is due. If some of you can't give him that, there's something wrong with you.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-obamas-belt/

Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
There is no statute of limitations for any terrorist who kill Americans. Obama has finished the job that Reagan, both Bushes, and Clinton failed to do. If one of your relatives had been on that flight, you'd be dancing in the streets.
I probably would be. Nor am I a defender of Momar. Good riddance to him. What gets me is why all the smoke and mirrors? Why not say hey this bastard shot down our citizens so I'm gonna kill him? Why all the whining about innocent civilians? Or why not tell us the real reason?

Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm not a liberal, but if Bush would have got Bin Laden, the ton of other Al Qaeda leaders he's taken out, and now Gaddafi (without spending a bunch of money and without putting our troops at risk), they would have held a ticker tape parade. Hasn't that been the point of the last 10 years--to take out crazy people who are a real threat, or who want to hurt us? I don't care if you like Obama or not--he deserves credit where credit is due. If some of you can't give him that, there's something wrong with you.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-obamas-belt/
I think the point is everything Bush did was wrong but when Obama does the same thing it's the right thing to do now. The swooners are just showing their true colors.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is another grand slam for Obama, you can chalk up a win in 12'
I can see it now A big bulls eye with all the evil ones that have been killed
under Obama's watch. Wonder if the Shaft music will be
played in the background

Isaac Hayes - Shaft. LYRICS - YouTube

I'd rather see ads like this... but then, I'm more interested in things here
at home

Ron Paul Ad -
Consistent - YouTube

Ron Paul vs. Tim Pawlenty on foreign policy - CNN NH Debate - 6/13/2011 - YouTube

Old 10-20-2011, 11:14 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Comrade 0bomba!!! He's the greatest president of the UN ever and our beloved benevolent dictator here in the homeland...

Old 10-20-2011, 11:14 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Dead as a doornail

The videos of his body are gruesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies