Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:38 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Is this an Arab Spring or a coming Islamic tsunami?

Very strategic locations - seaports, oil rich countries.

I see Obama as facilitating the advance of this Islamic uprising. All of this could not have happened without our (taxpayer funded) help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

I see Obama as facilitating the advance of this Islamic uprising. All of this could not have happened without our (taxpayer funded) help.
I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt on that I don't think his support for the Arab Spring is rooted in ushering in even more radical Islamic regimes. However that will be the result. It's been clear for some time that democracy in Arab lands means Islamic rule.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:

Wasn't the overthrow of dictatorships in the Islamic world a major pillar of Neoconservativism?

It's not like revolutions never occur on their own. The Arabs are just as capable of holding a revolution as any other people.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:

I think that President Obama had little to do with it. After all, it all started with that young man in Tunsia who set himself on fire (unless you are suggesting our president lit the match).

"Islamic uprising" is, in my view, a bit misleading. In these countries the vast majority of residents are Muslim. Yes, they 'rose up' against their brutal government, but not because they were "Muslim", but due to a desire, as humans, to throw off these dictators.

I guess if all the people were Eskimos then we would cry that it was an Eskimo Tsunami, with all of the blubber implications.

Now, what type of governments will take over? Ah, that is the question.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:26 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Tunisia goes to the polls in its first free election in the country's history on Sunday. All signs point to it being a close election between Islamic and Secular parties.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,697,643 times
Quote:
What is next; are you going to blame Obama for your sprained ankle?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:34 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:

with the oil off Gulf of mexico and the up in the arctic shelf add Canada's tar sands with advances in shale oiland natural gas fracking... North America does not need the ME for oil..I mean approve the Keystone XL pipeline and start up offshore drilling in the gulf but with added safty features..

Also build brand new modren nuclear power plants to replace the one's that are 35-40 years old and replace the massive Generators in all the Hydro Dams with newer more efficent and powerful ones and upgrade the whole North American Power Grid to be more efficent.

Canada and the US have everything the rest of the world needs in terms of Resources.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Obama and his Left wing minions have been rabble rousing in the ME for quite some time now.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Nice that you can find Muslim countries on a map now can you explain to us how Islamic states becoming(sic) Islamic states is frackin news?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt on that I don't think his support for the Arab Spring is rooted in ushering in even more radical Islamic regimes. However that will be the result. It's been clear for some time that democracy in Arab lands means Islamic rule.
And, with the added flavor of ORGANIZED tribalism.

Maybe the liberals will determine this to be a mistreatment of animals.

Conservatives will hail this as, "Thank god I live in America".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies