Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for me?
Yes 15 48.39%
No 16 51.61%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,169,044 times

Advertisements

Here's my grand idea and as soon as I'm made President, I'll put it into action!

1) All welfare applicants/recipients will be drug tested.

2) Females will be required to have the depo provera shot every 3 months. Not more spittin' out babies left and right. If they don't take it, they don't get their welfare check.

Around 99% of women CAN take this. I'll come up with an idea for the other 1% that cannot lol.

3) Communal housing. No more of this Section 8 and getting to pick where you live. You will be provided with basic shelter in a YMCA-type of housing building. Shared bathroom/kitchen. Room for yourself and the kiddos. Enough to sleep, eat, shower and get back off to work.

4) Vouchers for ONLY fresh produce/deli/fruits/whole grain breads/meats/etc. (How many people have you seen pay for groceries with their EBT card and they have a cart full of candy or cheetos/coke? Me? TOO MANY TO COUNT--they are unhealthy and many of their kids are unhealthy as well. Can we say juvenile diabetes and/or a BIGGER stress to the medicaid system down the road?)

5) A total of a 24 month lifetime limit. If the communal housing and food vouchers doesn't weed out the desire to stay on welfare forever, let's put some kind of time limit on it.

6) You must be a legal citizen of the country. Let's let the rest of the world know that we're not responsible for their anchor babies and watch how fast they stop coming here and abusing the system. Can I go to Africa and have a baby and mooch of the system? Have you seen that happen before?

WOULD YOU VOTE FOR ME?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: Poll added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 AM

525 posts, read 900,150 times
good luck with that, although it looks good on paper it will never work like you intend.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:59 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Nah, that will never fly.
better go with 'HOPE AND CHANGE!'

Old 10-21-2011, 09:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
with a platform like that you cant lose. i wonder why those politicians say they will give everything to everybody and it all will be free? they need to adopt a platform like yours. its a shoe in.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:03 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
Here's my grand idea and as soon as I'm made President, I'll put it into action!

2) Females will be required to have the depo provera shot every 3 months. Not more spittin' out babies left and right. If they don't take it, they don't get their welfare check.

Around 99% of women CAN take this. I'll come up with an idea for the other 1% that cannot lol.

3) Communal housing. No more of this Section 8 and getting to pick where you live. You will be provided with basic shelter in a YMCA-type of housing building. Shared bathroom/kitchen. Room for yourself and the kiddos. Enough to sleep, eat, shower and get back off to work.

4) Vouchers for ONLY fresh produce/deli/fruits/whole grain breads/meats/etc. (How many people have you seen pay for groceries with their EBT card and they have a cart full of candy or cheetos/coke? Me? TOO MANY TO COUNT--they are unhealthy and many of their kids are unhealthy as well. Can we say juvenile diabetes and/or a BIGGER stress to the medicaid system down the road?)

5) A total of a 24 month lifetime limit. If the communal housing and food vouchers doesn't weed out the desire to stay on welfare forever, let's put some kind of time limit on it.

6) You must be a legal citizen of the country. Let's let the rest of the world know that we're not responsible for their anchor babies and watch how fast they stop coming here and abusing the system. Can I go to Africa and have a baby and mooch of the system? Have you seen that happen before?

WOULD YOU VOTE FOR ME?

(Darnit, too late to include a poll)

Another pro-rights, pro-privacy, anti-social engineering conservative hear from.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,625,312 times
my proposal is that welfare will entail free McMansions and free lifetime McDonalds.

i guarantee i will get more votes than you.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,169,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
with a platform like that you cant lose. i wonder why those politicians say they will give everything to everybody and it all will be free? they need to adopt a platform like yours. its a shoe in.
They recently had a poll on Facebook asking a simple Q:

How do you feel about drug testing welfare recipients?

Over 75% were FOR IT.

Whose votes are really important here? Welfare recipients of the LARGE majority of taxpayers who are sick of the nonsense.

Why do politicians try to cater to illegal immigrants and/or welfare recipients?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
Sounds like a great idea. If you are disabled or have a medical condition where you can't work you get at least 24 months to say goodbye to your family and friends before staving to death or dying from exposure.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:47 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
WOULD YOU VOTE FOR ME?

Are you over the age of 35, and a native-born American citizen?

Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post

WOULD YOU VOTE FOR ME?

(Darnit, too late to include a poll)
Get your name on the ballot. You have more of a plan than Obama ever has, and more than the R candidates as well, from what I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies