Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 09:23 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times

Advertisements

Multiple honor killings in Canada: "God's curse on them for generations. May the devil ... (expletive) on their graves ... They betrayed Islam."
Quote:
KINGSTON, Ont. - A Montreal family couldn't bear the "treachery" of their three teenaged daughters having boyfriends, so they drowned them and the father's first wife, pushing a car into a canal and staging the scene to look like an implausible accident, court heard Thursday.
Oh the horror that they might have a boyfriend and develop a normal emotional relationship with someone. Stories like this make me with Canada had the death penalty.

Quote:
Three teenage Shafia sisters, Zainab, 19, Sahar, 17, and Geeti, 13, along with Shafia's first wife, Rona Amir Mohammad, 50, were found dead inside a submerged black Nissan Sentra discovered June 30, 2009 in the Rideau Canal. The family had stopped in Kingston on their way home from a trip to Niagara Falls.
An expert will be called to testify about honour killings and how in extreme cases, killing can be seen in some cultures as a way to restore honour to a family, the Crown attorney said Thursday at the outset of the trial. Disobedience by a female member of the family can cause shame and taint family honour, she said.
Gee, which culture are we talking about again? The media doesn't seem to specify. Southern Baptists? Quilt knitting groups? Stamp collectors? What ideology could cause one to kill their own children over something as minor and normal as wanting to have a boyfriend?

Last edited by rogerbacon; 10-21-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 09:34 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
I will never understand why western societies go to such lengths to protect Muslims. No other group gets this level of "understanding." Can you imagine the media saying things like "In some cultures, killing blacks and Jews and burning symbols into their lawns is seen as a way to restore society." heh. It's always been pretty clear that the despised group consisted of white, usually Southern, Christian people.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
How do we show these boys that murder is the ultimate shame and will not be tolerated? Even if this murderer is sentenced to life in prison he still retains his honor in his and his co-religionists view. This must be changed if the practice of Islam is going to be tolerated in the West.

Although it will never happen and if done would look like it lowered us to their barbaric standard I suggest wrapping this man in a pigskin shroud and drowning him in the offal pit at a hog slaughter house. That would bring him and his remaining family much greater shame than allowing is "sinful" daughters to live their own lives.

I frighten myself by thinking these thoughts. I still think the punishment appropriate for killing women as if they were your property to just dispose of as you wish. That belief is completely unacceptable in our society. It must be eliminated.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:42 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
[url=http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/10/multiple-honor-killings-in-canada-gods-curse-on-them-for-generations-may-the-devil-expletive-on-thei.html]Multiple honor killings in Canada: "God's curse on them for generations. May the devil ... (expletive) on their graves ... They betrayed Islam."

Oh the horror that they might have a boyfriend and develop a normal emotional relationship with someone. Stories like this make me with Canada had the death penalty.

Gee, which culture are we talking about again? The media doesn't seem to specify. Southern Baptists? Quilt knitting groups? Stamp collectors? What ideology could cause one to kill their own children over something as minor and normal as wanting to have a boyfriend?
Ya, what culture do you think is represented here. I know which one because of the names. Many people are just going to assume it's Muslim but it's not. Any guesses out there on what culture this is?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:44 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I will never understand why western societies go to such lengths to protect Muslims. No other group gets this level of "understanding." Can you imagine the media saying things like "In some cultures, killing blacks and Jews and burning symbols into their lawns is seen as a way to restore society." heh. It's always been pretty clear that the despised group consisted of white, usually Southern, Christian people.
It's bizarre almost masochistic.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ya, what culture do you think is represented here. I know which one because of the names. Many people are just going to assume it's Muslim but it's not. Any guesses out there on what culture this is?
It's not the 'culture', it's the religion..Islam.
There are many cultures that adhere to the religion of Islam.
What difference does their culture make? None

Old 10-21-2011, 10:26 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
"Honor" is overrated.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 AM

328 posts, read 996,884 times
What I wonder is, is prison sentence really a deterrant to this type of behavior? Is the need to preserve a family's "honor" so important that they are willing to go to jail? If yes, then that is really frightening.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:50 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Eating crow here. I was wrong. I thought I recognized Skih names and assumed the people were Skihs. WE have also had a lot of these kinds of killings in the Skih community.

It matters not what the culture behind it is it's evil, evil, evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies