Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:27 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The Obama lovefest continues unimpeded. LOL. Amazing how gullible these swooners are. What next will he walk on water?
"Gullible" doesn't even come close to describing the folks who supported Bush for 8 years. Which is what got us here now.... and they want a second chance at it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 03:32 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Oh brother! Is this thread for real??? Obama has written a few checks to a few people, and that money is all gone now, and that's supposed to make him a hero? How about fixing the economy and getting people back to work. You know the old saying, give a man a fish and he eats for a day but teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime? It applies here.

This is just so stupid. Bah.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
The Obama lovefest continues unimpeded. LOL. Amazing how gullible these swooners are. What next will he walk on water?
if obama were to walk on water, then cain would get two pizzas and six cokes to feed the hungry masses.

to the OP, as far as i am concerned, obama can do what he wants with his own money. plenty of rich people, conservative and liberal, give money away all the time. in fact the rich set up foundations to do just that. and many upper middle class also give money away on a regular basis, so obama is just another rich person giving away his own money. the problem though is that he is also giving away the taxpayers money as well, and not to just the poor, but to his buddies who financed his campaign.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:49 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I do, I would prove it, but I don't want to brag about my giving habits.
Like Obama?

Old 10-21-2011, 04:19 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
This post is just sad. We're three pages into this thread and so far Tinman and anterez is the only right winger who actually said something good about him for doing this. It's never enough for you all to disagree with his politics. Why do you have to assume that he's also a horrible person? Why does he have to be this sneaky, Caesar like guy?

Is it really that hard for you to think that he might actually feel sorry for some of these people? Really???
Maybe it's because the great orator makes a living telling lies. We just don't believe me like you swooners do.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
I would just love to see the Obama haters respond to this one. I think regardless of where you are, you have to respect it when the rich and powerful are willing to help those who are neither.

Obama Has Written Personal Checks To Struggling Americans

Kudos to you, President Obama!
Want my address..... (I want JPMorgan Chase to answer the 10 FEDEX modification requests which were "certified" received according to the "Dodd-Frank ACT".... and sent from the attys office I work for. ) Chase didnt give a f--k they sent it back 6 times citing loss of paperwork

Chase committed fraud here. Even the Atty I know cited how CONGRESS voted down letting FEDERAL JUDGES help homeowners which could have helped alot of people. CONGRESS let this happen, and yes Obamas a lame duck at this point.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Nothing on his tax return about giving money to folks. I guess he's lying to the IRS now too!

Obamas Donated 14% of Their Income to Charity in 2010 | Fisher House Foundation

you need to learn the difference between a Charity and giving money just to give money and what tax exemptions are.

Do you report to the IRS everytime you lend or give money to your friends/relatives?

Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
I would just love to see the Obama haters respond to this one. I think regardless of where you are, you have to respect it when the rich and powerful are willing to help those who are neither.

Just so you know....

Quote:
Deaver: He would have three or four checks, personal checks in the top drawer of his desk, in the Oval Office and he was always running out of those checks because he was writing checks to people. I went in there one time and he had written a check to some woman who was on welfare. And the next month he got his bank statement. Well, you know, the bank statement had these checks and her check wasn't in it. So, he called her on the phone and said you know, you haven't cashed that check. She said, "Oh no, I framed it." He said, "Well, my God, I sent you that money so you'd have some money to eat. I'll send you another check, you keep that one framed and cash this one."

Matthews: Simply because he becomes aware of one person's plight and responds to it as human beings doesn't really solve the problem. I mean he's basically responsible for the economic management of the United States and he has to deal with that responsibility, not simply as an individual citizen.
American Experience . The Presidents . Ronald Reagan Video | The Presidents | American Experience | PBS

Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Only Mr Obama knows why he gave the money. I for one am willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I think he did it because he honestly felt bad for the people and was trying to help them out.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Excellent post

Quote:

Another example of why this man is the finest President we've ever had.

Pubs pale by comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies