Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:42 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times

Advertisements

Well, let's see. Olivia Hussey was 15 when they shot Romeo and Juliet, so if you saw that in high school, you saw not only kissing but arguably statutory rape.

Although, when I saw her chest it removed any sexual ambiguity I may have had whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 10:43 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
So let me get this straight, no pun intended, seriously. Was it showing how hetersexual kids would feel if society were reversed and they were being bullied because they were hetersexual and for no other reason?

Yes it was but since when is bullying limited to just LGBT's. Did they show how kids considered to be Nerds, Geeks, Smaller, Weaker, Handicapped, Impaired or just different from the bully get bullied?

The play should have been about addressing all bullying, not a selected type of bullying. I know what happend to that boy was a horribe and inexcusable but bullying is not limited to just LGBT's. Although it does seem they are the most tormented victims of bullying that is no reason to do a play only showing how LGBT's feel. The truth is they aren't the only students who are bullied. it's against the law now so stop the schit because it will no longer be tolerated regardless of the BS excuse for bullying another human being.

On a side note I'd like to add that jumping over the seats to get out was really over reacting. Quietly standing up and discretely walking out would have been the proper way to leave if they didn't want to watch it or approve of it.

I have to read the article again because I'm not sure when the play took place. Was it during School hours? Was it considered to part of learning social skills, if so why? when it I don't think it shows how everyone different from themselves, sort of an learning about and getting along with all walks of life kind of teaching.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 10-24-2011 at 11:36 PM..

Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,971,322 times
I honestly don't see the big deal. It was a play, nobody is forced to go to a play. And nobody was "getting it on". It was a kiss for holy ba-jesus' sake. Also, a play is an extracurricular thing, so if you want your kids to still be taking calculus then they are going to be able to do so.

I was in AP classes myself in high school and am now working on my engineering degree. And forget the gay plays, I'm gay myself. Gay and educationally successful so far? Well imagine that. We don't all go around flapping our arms with rainbows flying everywhere as the only thing we do.

My best friends all study similar things, and they hang around me all the time without any negative impact. (WHAAAT?!) I'm not sure why so many people think the concept of "gay" is going to ruin kids' (well, teenagers' in this case) minds.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:57 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
Yes. Absolutely! My kids would be taken out of school that same day I found out. Me and teacher and principle would have a word together in a dark alley.

Are you gay then...... into threesomes....OR just over reacting, into drama and immature??????

Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
It would bother me if my kids were FORCED to watch anything in school.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Are you gay then...... into threesomes....OR just over reacting, into drama and immature??????
No, just in need of a little education, as she can't even spell "principal".

Old 10-24-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Absolutely.

And this principal defends this waste of time and social overreach, saying the need for students to see this is as important as their need for math. Welcome to Totalitarian Public Education in the 21st Century!

HOMESCHOOLHOMESCHOOLHOMESCHOOLHOMESCHOOLHOMESCHOOL ...

VOUCHERVOUCHERVOUCHERVOUCHERVOUCHERVOUCHERVOUCHERV OUCHER...

Did you text this post from your 5th grade study hall!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
ROFL........from many of the posts I've read in this thread the posters themselves need to go back to REMEDIAL GRADE SCHOOL!!!!!!

Never mind the poor children they are ranting about.

Geez...it's terrifying these supposed parents have been allowed to reproduce and are now raising children.....our country is doomed.......with this level of blind hatred and ignorance/intolerance.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
ROFL........from many of the posts I've read in this thread the posters themselves need to go back to REMEDIAL GRADE SCHOOL!!!!!!

Never mind the poor children they are ranting about.

Geez...it's terrifying these supposed parents have been allowed to reproduce and are now raising children.....our country is doomed.......with this level of blind hatred and ignorance/intolerance.
These poor homeschooled kids won't learn about human hetero- or homosexuality. The only sexual exposure they get is between brother and sister, or father and barn animal.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:08 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Totally understandable in light of our public school education where social indoctrination trumps academics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies