Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:09 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Totally understandable in light of our public school education where social indoctrination trumps academics.
"social indoctrination trumps academics"

Oh for God's sake, at least say something that isn't completely off the charts stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
These poor homeschooled kids won't learn about human hetero- or homosexuality. The only sexual exposure they get is between brother and sister, or father and barn animal.
Do I have to risk sending my kids to schools with 50% dropout rates so they can acquire cultural correctness?

Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Do I have to risk sending my kids to schools with 50% dropout rates so they can acquire cultural correctness?
Of course not. Just make sure they get a good education.

Not whatever you happen to be able to pull out of your butt.

Which is not, as another poster kindly pointed out, likely physics, biology, another language, physics, etc, etc.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Some parents, who were not provided the opportunity to "opt-out" their children were very upset that their kids were forced to watch a play about homosexuality that included two men kissing on stage. This was part of an anti-bullying program in a Connecticut Public School. The principal apparently believes this lesson is more important than math.

"This is as important of a topic to discuss as anything in math, anything in social studies," Johnson said. "I'm completely glad that we did it."

"Members of Leadership Greater Hartford's Quest, a program for professionals that develops leadership skills, put forth "Zanna" as an anti-bullying community service project that helps lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth."
Hartford: Musical Stirs Debate At Hartford Public High School About Homosexuality - Courant.com

What gives a public school the right to try and change the beliefs or feelings of students? Anti-bullying programs should involve teaching students that they must refrain from bullying everyone, even kids they don't like; not trying to force them to like everyone or accept as right everyone else's behavior.

I don't think I've ever heard the social indoctrination purpose of the public schools so openly admitted to as by this principal, who is quoted proudly exclaiming his belief that this school program to get kids to accept homosexuality is as important as teaching them math.

Will we ever return to teaching academics in the public school?

I'd be ticked if I had a student in that school.

BTW, the kiss is described in the article as a "peck" but the accompanying photo shows it to involve a "bit more." I wouldn't want my child wasting their time watching homo or heterosexuals sexing it up in school.
Get your facts straight BEFORE posting!

The students and parents were informed in advance and had the opportunity to OPT OUT of watching the play!

You are the one with the obvious agenda!!!!!

Connecticut High School Play's Gay Kiss Scene Causes Uproar

Gay Kiss In 'Zanna Don't!' High School Musical Triggers Walkout By Students, Football Players At Hartford Public High School

Geez I see more hetero's pawing each other every 5 minutes on my television!!!!!!......And you're whining about a gay kiss!!!!...Man Up!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,019,586 times
Quote:
Some parents, who were not provided the opportunity to "opt-out" their children were very upset that their kids were forced to watch a play about homosexuality that included two men kissing on stage. This was part of an anti-bullying program in a Connecticut Public School. The principal apparently believes this lesson is more important than math.

"This is as important of a topic to discuss as anything in math, anything in social studies," Johnson said. "I'm completely glad that we did it."

"Members of Leadership Greater Hartford's Quest, a program for professionals that develops leadership skills, put forth "Zanna" as an anti-bullying community service project that helps lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth."

Hartford: Musical Stirs Debate At Hartford Public High School About Homosexuality - Courant.com

What gives a public school the right to try and change the beliefs or feelings of students? Anti-bullying programs should involve teaching students that they must refrain from bullying everyone, even kids they don't like; not trying to force them to like everyone or accept as right everyone else's behavior.

I don't think I've ever heard the social indoctrination purpose of the public schools so openly admitted to as by this principal, who is quoted proudly exclaiming his belief that this school program to get kids to accept homosexuality is as important as teaching them math.

Will we ever return to teaching academics in the public school?

I'd be ticked if I had a student in that school.

BTW, the kiss is described in the article as a "peck" but the accompanying photo shows it to involve a "bit more." I wouldn't want my child wasting their time watching homo or heterosexuals sexing it up in school.
only a wackjob would see a problem with the following message: "there is nothing wrong with being gay and you shouldn't bully kids who are gay".

I want you to brace for something: This message is not offensive and a message that increasingly more and more Americans WANT their children to understand. If you want to continue to think homosexuality is wrong and demonize those who are homosexuals why don't you just head out into the woods and build a shack somewhere, that will likely be the only way you'll be able to escape such ideas in the future as people who think like you are becoming rarer and rarer. good riddance i say.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Get your facts straight BEFORE posting!
Do you ever, EVER think that will happen with these people?

Old 10-24-2011, 11:17 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,019,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Not so much for cultural correctness, more for advanced math, advanced science, a foreign language, the ability to work with others who did not emerge from the same birth canal as they did, etc... you know the many things you don't learn when you're home schooled.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
Not so much for cultural correctness, more for advanced math, advanced science, a foreign language, the ability to work with others who did not emerge from the same birth canal as they did, etc... you know the many things you don't learn when you're home schooled.
You mean the ability to work with others who have no intention of graduating and disrupt everything constructive the come in contact with?

Sounds utopian!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Do you ever, EVER think that will happen with these people?

NO I don't......they don't believe in facts, data or science...I just enjoy calling them out on their agenda and reading ALL the posters who respond with vehement negative emotion WITHOUT even knowing the truth/facts and/or what they are even talking about.....it's rather sad though considering they may have children who will be brought up to be bigoted and small minded just like their parents.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
[quote=PITTSTON2SARASOTA;21423369]Get your facts straight BEFORE posting!

The students and parents were informed in advance and had the opportunity to OPT OUT of watching the play!

Not according to this principal," Chambers considered sending an opt-out letter to parents but decided against it."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies