Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 07:38 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturegal View Post
Funny how pro-aborts will never say the word murder.
Funny how anti-choicers won't recognize individual freedoms until someone steps on one of theirs.

Quote:
Life or death.
Your reply here does not make sense.

Quote:
What about God values?
Who's God? Yours? Why are the rest of us subject to following the interpretations of your particular mythology?

Quote:
We care about the baby's beating heart.
No, you care about your personal mythology which involves an invisible friend in the sky, and has no basis in reality.

Quote:
Made possible by a cruel law put in place by evil people without a conscience.
Put in place by those who recognize the foundations of freedom that this country was built on. If you don't believe in this particular procedure, then don't have an abortion. Seems simple enough. But don't decide for everyone else based on your belief in sky-gods. The vegetarians should just stay out of the meat department rather than try to take it away from the omnivores.

Quote:
Murder is murder.
And up is up and down is down. Again, you're not making sense.

Your username speaks volumes. Until you can say you've been in the position of making that very difficult decision, don't judge others. It's a choice between a woman, perhaps the man involved, and their conscience. Not politicians, not government, not you, and not your imaginary friend who the parties involved may not even acknowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, tell us then, why you don't want to look at an ultrasound of the fetus you're about to abort?
Because after consulting with a Dr., it was recommended not to be necessary to protect her health. So, it would be a procedure with no purpose for my health.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Yes, it's a very difficult situation a rape or incest victim finds herself in. A man INVADES her body against her will despite her saying NO, and you would force her to have that criminal's baby.

Forcing a woman to look at a medical picture is coercion on the part of the pro life movement. It's not better than shoving pictures of dead babies in her face or calling her names. The ultrasound is far more than a picture of the fetus -- it's the faces of all those who stand outside the clinic's door.

Yes, I am pro-choice. If a woman decides to carry a pregnancy to term, I will support her. If she decides she is having an abortion, I will not insult her, decry her decision or force her into any uncomfortable situation.
I hear that abortions reduce the crime rate, and who wants more crime?

Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So...this non-person's rights cannot trump a real person's rights...right?

Do you see the problem here?

A woman has this right,but that right is lost once a non-person reaches 'point x' in the gestation timeline.

Just silly really,it should be one or the other...the fetus cannot be irrelevant one day and then 'POOF' abrogate the woman's rights the next,all based upon a timeline.
Why is it silly? Thousands of things in life are based on a timeline.

One day you are 20 years old.....POOF....the next day you are 21 and are allowed to buy and drink alcohol.....why shouldn't you have been allowed to buy and drink it the day before?

Same for the day you start school, same for the day you are allowed to marry, same for the day you are allowed to join the service, same for the day you are allowed to drive, same for the day you are allowed to vote......and on and on and on.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why is it silly? Thousands of things in life are based on a timeline.

One day you are 20 years old.....POOF....the next day you are 21 and are allowed to buy and drink alcohol.....why shouldn't you have been allowed to buy and drink it the day before?

Same for the day you start school, same for the day you are allowed to marry, same for the day you are allowed to join the service, same for the day you are allowed to drive, same for the day you are allowed to vote......and on and on and on.
All those involve people...the timeline we are discussing doesn't,the fetus is not a person.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
I was raped when I was 17. I became pregnant and had a miscarriage. I would have had an abortion had I not miscarried first.

People who think women should be forced to look at the ultrasound are horrific human beings - even more so if there is no exemption for rape or incest victims. Imagine if your teenager was raped. Are you really going to traumatize her more?

I don't regret the miscarriage just like I wouldn't have regretted the abortion.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
All those involve people...the timeline we are discussing doesn't,the fetus is not a person.
And that is why a woman has the right to abort before a fetus is viable.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And that is why a woman has the right to abort before a fetus is viable.
It....is.....still......not......a.........person. .....when......viable.......

Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
I think someone needs to go flip some burgers and get off the computer for awhile.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Now now Naturewoman.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies