Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 PM

38,659 posts, read 26,474,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Of course not. They want to force women to have a child they are unequipped (mentally, financially, and otherwise) to take care of but they're unwilling to pay for the programs that will help feed, clothe, and house that child.

Once the child is here, it can die in the streets for all they care.

Hypocrites.

Does it make you feel better about yourself to demonize those who would restore personhood to those not yet born?

Everyone knows childless couples go on waiting lists to adopt.

When my sister gave her son up for adoption she interviewed the couples who wished to adopt him.

When she interviewed them, the first couple answered a question in a way that was unacceptable, but the second couple (a Christian couple) answered all her questions correctly and was granted the adoption.

He's now seventeen and happy.

I've seen his Facebook page.

He's an energetic teenager who attended excellent private schools, plays sports and got his good looks from his mother's side of the family.

"I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born."

RONALD REAGAN, New York Times, Sep. 22, 1980
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,556,819 times
You tell us these women give this great thought and deliberation, but it's unfair to make them look at a damn picture because they could not handle that?

What crap.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,108,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Does it make you feel better about yourself to demonize those who would restore personhood to those not yet born?

Everyone knows childless couples go on waiting lists to adopt.

When my sister gave her son up for adoption she interviewed the couples who wished to adopt him.

When she interviewed them, the first couple answered a question in a way that was unacceptable, but the second couple (a Christian couple) answered all her questions correctly and was granted the adoption.

He's an energetic teenager who attended excellent private schools, plays sports and got his good looks from his mother's side of the family.

So, in other words.....women should be forced to perform as incubators to provide product for those who don't wish to adopt the children that are ALREADY available.

Can't find the make and model you prefer.....so let's enforce slave labor....literally. How disgusting.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So, in other words.....women should be forced to perform as incubators to provide product for those who don't wish to adopt the children that are ALREADY available.

Can't find the make and model you prefer.....so let's enforce slave labor....literally. How disgusting.
In this case, they just want them to look at a picture and think about it some more.

But to your point, Planned Parenthood was founded by a eugenicist who desired to rid the world of "undesirables."

So who's on the icky side of abortion?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,287,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You know what? I am happy for your sister. I'm also happy that she had a choice and she made the choice that was right for her.

There are lots of different reasons why women make the choices that they do, but it is important that they have that choice to make and that they aren't forced to proceed with a pregnancy they're unprepared for.

I have granddaughters. I love them with all my heart, and while I hope they never find themselves facing a pregnancy they're not ready for, if they do, I want them to be able to have a SAFE and LEGAL procedure. And if that happens, I will be there to hold their hand and offer my support and love.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,287,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post

But to your point, Planned Parenthood was founded by a eugenicist who desired to rid the world of "undesirables."
Link please?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
You know what? I am happy for your sister. I'm also happy that she had a choice and she made the choice that was right for her.

There are lots of different reasons why women make the choices that they do, but it is important that they have that choice to make and that they aren't forced to proceed with a pregnancy they're unprepared for.

I have granddaughters. I love them with all my heart, and while I hope they never find themselves facing a pregnancy they're not ready for, if they do, I want them to be able to have a SAFE and LEGAL procedure. And if that happens, I will be there to hold their hand and offer my support and love.
Nobody is forcing them to do anything but look at a picture.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,108,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
In this case, they just want them to look at a picture and think about it some more.

So who's on the icky side of abortion?
I think all women already know what a fetus looks like.

Women of all races are given the right to choose abortion......how is that practicing eugenics?

Do you want to ban women of certain races the right to choose? or ALL women? So much for your argument. FAIL.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Link please?
Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist and probably a racist, too.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think all women already know what a fetus looks like.

Women of all races are given the right to choose abortion......how is that practicing eugenics?

Do you want to ban women of certain races the right to choose? or ALL women? So much for your argument. FAIL.
Then it can't hurt.

Afraid they will change their minds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies