Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 01:10 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Is this the same Pat Buchanan that defended Hitler?

Quote:
In his new book, Suicide Of A Superpower, Pat Buchanan takes a look at the Jewish population of the United States and concludes that Americans Jews are disappearing because they decided, as a group, to have lots and lots of abortions.
Pat Buchanan: American Jews Made "Collective Decision" To Abort Themselves Out Of Existence | Media Matters for America

Pat Buchanan Defends Hitler - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 04:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
I wonder where he gets that from? I think the out marriage rate of Jews has more to do with any population stagnation as opposed to abortions.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Pat Buchanan's diatribe sounded better in the original German format.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
The truth hurts.

BTW....if abortion is okay, why would people get upset?

Old 10-26-2011, 05:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Abortion has little to do with the fate of any minority population in this country. the real problem is the exclusivity of the Jewish culture. Do not "proper" Jews exclude anyone that marries outside the tribe? By doing so they have sealed their own fate.

Buchannan, as expected, does not know what he is talking about. I suggest ignoring him until he just goes away.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:47 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The truth hurts.

BTW....if abortion is okay, why would people get upset?
Because some like to impose their illogical and weak morality on others?

Old 10-26-2011, 05:59 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Abortion has little to do with the fate of any minority population in this country. the real problem is the exclusivity of the Jewish culture. Do not "proper" Jews exclude anyone that marries outside the tribe? By doing so they have sealed their own fate.
Buchannan, as expected, does not know what he is talking about. I suggest ignoring him until he just goes away.
All but the ultra-Orthodox (who you would be hardpressed to call "proper" Jews - they cherry pick as much as conservative Christians) recognize interfaith marriages. They might not be willing to perform the marriages themselves (reform and some conservative temples will do interfaith marriages). I am the child of a Jewish mother and non-Jewish father and I am recognized by every denomination of Judaism as a Jew.

So, good try but not quite.

As usual, I will just ignore everything that comes out of Pat Buchanon's mouth since apparently facts, research, and citations are not part of his vocabulary.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:07 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

The most exclusive Jews (the Hasidic and other ultra-Orthodox Jews) actually have some of the highest fertility rates in the Western world. Large families are actually very common among Hasidic Jews. It's the nominally religious and agnostic/atheist Jews (as in sharing Jewish ethnicity and culture, but not religion) that have some of the lowest birthrates in the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies