Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:58 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,986,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm surprised that it's that low, frankly.

I am among a large group of my peers who are attracted to women and would be intimate with a woman, but only has interest in pursuing an emotional relationship with a man. I like the term "heteroflexible", because I don't feel bisexual since I hold no emotional attraction to most women.
As a heterosexual male, I can be physically aroused just by the site or thought of a woman, even if she is fully dressed, if the shape of her body is right, she's moving just right, and she is attractive in general. Personally, I am a "butt man". Now, I don't get aroused by every attractive woman I see anymore like I did at puberty in 6th grade, but every now and then my eyes comes across a women who is particularly arousing.

That said, my question for you, you being a woman who claims to be physically attracted to woman is: Can a woman arouse you the same way I just described they can me? OR, do you actually have to think sexual thoughts about them or about them naked? Do you think you're naturally physically attracted to women in the same way a heterosexual man is?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
If a woman wants to experiement with a woman,or did it one time,sorry you are gay or bisexual.
One time is enough. You entertained the thought.
Someone who kills one time isn't called a bi murderer,they are called a murderer.
I don't know about that. Plenty of gay men have had been married to and had sex with women, that doesn't mean they are straight, whether they did it once or one hundred times. A physical act or thought doesn't determine one's sexuality, it's rather which gender they are naturally attracted to - and most of us know for sure when we hit puberty because it's instinctive. Do you seriously think that if you chose to think about what it'd be like to engage in sexual activity with another woman right now that you would become instantly bi or lez?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times
The female anatomy is a wonderful thing. Homosexual men are surely missing out on the most grand of God's creations.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:54 PM

15,867 posts, read 21,458,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
As a heterosexual male, I can be physically aroused just by the site or thought of a woman, even if she is fully dressed, if the shape of her body is right, she's moving just right, and she is attractive in general. Personally, I am a "butt man". Now, I don't get aroused by every attractive woman I see anymore like I did at puberty in 6th grade, but every now and then my eyes comes across a women who is particularly arousing.

That said, my question for you, you being a woman who claims to be physically attracted to woman is: Can a woman arouse you the same way I just described they can me? OR, do you actually have to think sexual thoughts about them or about them naked? Do you think you're naturally physically attracted to women in the same way a heterosexual man is?
Nothing arouses me in the manner that you describe, but I get closer to feeling aroused simply by sight with women than I ever do with a man. But I tend to be more emotionally attracted to men.

I'm attracted to men and women differently, and certainly attracted to many less women. The last time I felt what you described was when I was a young teenager, and in general those thoughts crossed my mind MUCH more about women than men, though at the time I dated men exclusively.

I'd call myself about a 2 on the Kinsey scale.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:20 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,919,688 times
I don't know why some dudes get excited by stuff like this. It just means more competition!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Nothing arouses me in the manner that you describe, but I get closer to feeling aroused simply by sight with women than I ever do with a man. But I tend to be more emotionally attracted to men.

I'm attracted to men and women differently, and certainly attracted to many less women. The last time I felt what you described was when I was a young teenager, and in general those thoughts crossed my mind MUCH more about women than men, though at the time I dated men exclusively.

I'd call myself about a 2 on the Kinsey scale.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass and know it could be hurtful to be thought of as gay if you aren't, but are you sure you're not? This is a thread about women largely being attracted to other women, but I can't make sense of what you're saying. The only thing I can thing of is that when we are young teenagers, girls tend to be developed earlier and could be the reason you noticed girls more. What does "emotionally attracted" mean to you?

Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm not sure if I believe this study or not.
I don't. Women have always been open about finding other women attractive but that doesn't necessarily translate into "I want to jump her bones".

Everybody has same-sex crushes once in a while, sex has nothing to do with it.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,670,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I'm not trying to be a smart ass and know it could be hurtful to be thought of as gay if you aren't, but are you sure you're not? This is a thread about women largely being attracted to other women, but I can't make sense of what you're saying. The only thing I can thing of is that when we are young teenagers, girls tend to be developed earlier and could be the reason you noticed girls more. What does "emotionally attracted" mean to you?

I agree with much of what charolastra is saying. I think many women feel this way but, especially in older women, it is not discussed.

The "emotionally attracted" thing to me is that I could never "fall in love" with a woman. I would never want to set up a household, raise children, or marry a woman. It would purely be a physical kind of attraction towards a woman and not a feeling of being emotionally bound to them as a the relationship with a man would be.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
I don't know why some dudes get excited by stuff like this. It just means more competition!
Exactly!

Sometimes I wonder how much the desire women have to be in a relationship with a man is driven by her want to have kids. If women truly are very bisexual and largely attracted to other women, and at the same time fewer women seem to want children, what's to stop them from leaving us guys out completely?

Old 04-13-2012, 02:27 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,380,278 times
I am attracted to both these women and I am seeking grant money to pursue this study further.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.