Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 PM

1,147 posts, read 910,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Then we've cast aside any illusion of whether anyone's life is sacred or innocent or not.

Whether they are in the womb or not?

Haven't we.?
If you seek to deprive me or mine of liberty, then your life becomes worth less and less as you become more intrusive. Maybe it's just me, but I would never go after someone and impose my beliefs on them. I expect the same of others. In fact, I demand it.

Y'know, I go to work every day, knowing that I'm paying taxes that churches don't, so folks who entertain that delusion can enjoy themselves. I know I'm getting robbed, but I let it go because I have to.

If I'm driving down the road after a storm, and see a tree in the road, I stop. I put my flashers on, and move it out of the road. If it's too big, I'll chain it to my truck and pull it out of the road. Meanwhile, all these supposed "Christians" with their little fishies on their cars and trucks drive right by and leave it there for a young mother to come along and hit, killing her and her children.

If I'm walking past a homeless person, I stop, and offer to buy them something to eat.

When I'm driving down the road and see kids playing, I slow to a crawl.

I don't carry a gun, because I would never try to put the safety of someone else dependent upon my aim.

Yes, I'm pro life, in a lot of ways. Probably exponentially more ways than the average "pro-lifer". However I would never try to tell another human being what to do with their body for 9 months, ever. It's called being a decent and respectful person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,517,970 times
Default For N.C.

Quote:
(c) The preplacement assessment shall, after a reasonable investigation, report on the following about the individual being assessed:
(1) Age and date of birth, nationality, race, or ethnicity, and any religious preference;
(2) Marital and family status and history, including the presence of any children born to or adopted by the individual and any other children in the household;
(3) Physical and mental health, including any addiction to alcohol or drugs;
(4) Educational and employment history and any special skills;
(5) Property and income, and current financial information provided by the individual;
(6) Reason for wanting to adopt;
(7) Any previous request for an assessment or involvement in an adoptive placement and the outcome of the assessment or placement;
(8) Whether the individual has ever been a respondent in a domestic violence proceeding or a proceeding concerning a minor who was allegedly abused, dependent, neglected, abandoned, or delinquent, and the outcome of the proceeding;
(9) Whether the individual has ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation;
(10) Whether the individual has located a parent interested in placing a child with the individual for adoption and a brief, nonidentifying description of the parent and the child; and
(11) Any other fact or circumstance that may be relevant to a determination of the individual's suitability to be an adoptive parent, including the quality of the environment in the home and the functioning of any children in the household.
(12) The agency preparing the preplacement assessment may redact from the preplacement assessment provided to a placing parent or guardian detailed information reflecting the prospective adoptive parent's financial account balances and detailed information about the prospective adoptive parent's extended family members, including surnames, names of employers, names of schools attended, social security numbers, telephone numbers and addresses, and other similarly detailed information about extended family members obtained under subsections (b) and (c) of this section.
When any of the above is not reasonably available, the preplacement assessment shall state why it is unavailable.
Child Adoption Laws North Carolina

http://www.childadoptionlaws.com/

Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,082,358 times
Quote:
It does, because it's exactly what I'd do. Raise the kid or give it up for adoption.
Why should everyone have to do what YOU would do? Who are YOU?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,554,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why should everyone have to do what YOU would do? Who are YOU?
Why do you think you should get a check if you don't?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
If you seek to deprive me or mine of liberty, then your life becomes worth less and less as you become more intrusive. Maybe it's just me, but I would never go after someone and impose my beliefs on them. I expect the same of others. In fact, I demand it.

Y'know, I go to work every day, knowing that I'm paying taxes that churches don't, so folks who entertain that delusion can enjoy themselves. I know I'm getting robbed, but I let it go because I have to.

If I'm driving down the road after a storm, and see a tree in the road, I stop. I put my flashers on, and move it out of the road. If it's too big, I'll chain it to my truck and pull it out of the road. Meanwhile, all these supposed "Christians" with their little fishies on their cars and trucks drive right by and leave it there for a young mother to come along and hit, killing her and her children.

If I'm walking past a homeless person, I stop, and offer to buy them something to eat.

When I'm driving down the road and see kids playing, I slow to a crawl.

I don't carry a gun, because I would never try to put the safety of someone else dependent upon my aim.

Yes, I'm pro life, in a lot of ways. Probably exponentially more ways than the average "pro-lifer". However I would never try to tell another human being what to do with their body for 9 months, ever. It's called being a decent and respectful person.
I think it's just fine to tell people not to kill innocent life.

Once that's gone, the rest of the moral compass is not far behind.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I think it's just fine to tell people not to kill innocent life.

Once that's gone, the rest of the moral compass is not far behind.
Part of the definition of "innocent" is...

"not causing physical or moral injury; harmless: innocent fun."

Babies, are not innocent. The process of pregnancy injures many if not most women. A small percentage end up with diabetes caused by severe gestational diabetes, and a small percentage even die.

Pregnancy isn't as simple as holding on to something for 9 months and then squeezing it out. It's a lot more complicated than that, and it's not for you or I to decide whether or not someone should put themselves through that. That's up to them. It's their risk, not mine, or yours.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,082,358 times
Quote:
Why do my views on life obligate me to give you a voucher for an abortion or a perpetual meal ticket to raise your kid?
Why do you feel I am obligated to live my life according to YOUR beliefs?

Am I trying to force you to live according to my beliefs......or am I OK with YOU living YOUR life as you see fit?

I am for CHOICE.....which allows YOU to follow your beliefs and me to follow MINE.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Part of the definition of "innocent" is...

"not causing physical or moral injury; harmless: innocent fun."

Babies, are not innocent. The process of pregnancy injures many if not most women. A small percentage end up with diabetes caused by severe gestational diabetes, and a small percentage even die.

Pregnancy isn't as simple as holding on to something for 9 months and then squeezing it out. It's a lot more complicated than that, and it's not for you or I to decide whether or not someone should put themselves through that. That's up to them. It's their risk, not mine, or yours.
Babies harm women most women?

Like a disease?

Oh, do go on.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why do you feel I am obligated to live my life according to YOUR beliefs?

Am I trying to force you to live according to my beliefs......or am I OK with YOU living YOUR life as you see fit?

I am for CHOICE.....which allows YOU to follow your beliefs and me to follow MINE.
Your beliefs are you are entitled to a check from me if your child rearing doesn't work out.

Why am I obligated to live according to those beliefs?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Babies harm women most women?

Like a disease?

Oh, do go on.
Stretch marks
hemorrhoids
UTI's
Heart disease
again, diabetes.
DEATH

The list of negative possibilities is endless depending on the person. Google is your friend........ Health Problems in Pregnancy: MedlinePlus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies