Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,548,310 times

Advertisements

It would be funny if it weren't so disastrous!

Senate Dems Propose Massive Tax Hike, More Stimulus - By Andrew Stiles - The Corner - National Review Online

Quote:
Not surprisingly, it includes a massive tax increase and hundreds of billions in new spending.
Democrats/liberals seek to bury Americans under a tsunami of new taxes, red tape and bureaucracy:

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Complimentary Supplemental Insurance Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Court Fines (indirect taxes)

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)

Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Local Income Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Septic Permit Tax

Service Charge Taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)

Sales Taxes

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Road Toll Booth Taxes

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone federal excise tax

Telephone federal universal service fee tax

Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax

Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax

Telephone state and local tax

Telephone usage charge tax

Toll Bridge Taxes

Toll Tunnel Taxes

Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)

Trailer registration tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What the hell happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 06:47 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,299,520 times
Where I live, the state department of transportation wants to add another gas tax on top of the already existing gas tax. They've figured out that they will never be able to tax the "rich" enough to completely wipe out the debt, as they will leave and make their profits elsewhere, so they've come up with this myriad of taxes you just listed. Nice.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,390,264 times
I will know the Democrats are not serious about cutting spending if they try to claim savings from the war in Iraq that is ending anyway.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
What idiots! There are truly no words to describe the gutter levels the democrats will sink to in order to win something or push their nasty agenda.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Plan on an across the board cut.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,625,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
It would be funny if it weren't so disastrous!

Senate Dems Propose Massive Tax Hike, More Stimulus - By Andrew Stiles - The Corner - National Review Online

Democrats/liberals seek to bury Americans under a tsunami of new taxes, red tape and bureaucracy:

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

Workers Compensation Tax
This smells like a troll. I followed the links, and I don't see where the Democratic supercomittee proposals include any of these taxes.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Where I live, the state department of transportation wants to add another gas tax on top of the already existing gas tax. They've figured out that they will never be able to tax the "rich" enough to completely wipe out the debt, as they will leave and make their profits elsewhere, so they've come up with this myriad of taxes you just listed. Nice.
They're talking about that in my state too. And its not just dems we have a republican gov and legislature. Or so they say.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
This smells like a troll. I followed the links, and I don't see where the Democratic supercomittee proposals include any of these taxes.
Of course politicians will want to raise taxes. That's what they do. I actually wouldn't really have a huge problem with it because we will all need to sacrifice to pay down this debt. The big PROBLEM is they won't curtail spending. Until I see any serious attempts to curb the out of control spending raising taxes will do nothing and I will not support it at all.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
The people voting will see this and end the Democrat party control for the next 12 years at least.
IMO this is why Obama is growing government employees and those on the dole, these days that is the base of the Democrat party.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,625,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Of course politicians will want to raise taxes. That's what they do. I actually wouldn't really have a huge problem with it because we will all need to sacrifice to pay down this debt. The big PROBLEM is they won't curtail spending. Until I see any serious attempts to curb the out of control spending raising taxes will do nothing and I will not support it at all.
i'm with you on that. i haven't seen the detailed proposals yet so i'm not ready to condemn the Democrats or Republicans for anything.

i'm actually optimistic. what I read suggested that both parties were willing to make big cuts, and that the main point of disagreement was tax reform. My understanding of tax reform, is that Dems want to remove loopholes, and deductions, and such, and Republicans don't. I am extremely skeptical that Democrats would propose an increase in marginal rates, but I could be wrong.

The most wasteful programs we have are Medicare and Medicaid, and seniors are scared to have it cut. I don't blame them, but either we cut these programs dramatically or we raise taxes dramatically. We may even need to do both , since we wasted so much time in the 2000's, running deficits. People don't want to hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies