Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's the propaganda you've been fed.

Read my links. I did research the issue independently and it led directly to the CRA and the Clinton admin's HUD. Mozilo knows. The government knows. That's why Mozilo got only a minor wrist slap and is walking free to this day.
This independent research is seriously flawed. When one starts with an unshakable conclusion and works backwards, it becomes convenient to ignore data that challenges preconceived notions.

Molilo likely got a pinky slap because he has long been inside Congress' pocket. Hard to biotech the hand that fed so many, for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Like no doc liar loans? Exactly. The Clinton Admin's HUD endorsed that in an agreement with Countrywide to provide loans to those who otherwise would not qualify for them.
Yes there was the issue of people buying homes that they couldn't afford, but that's not as big of an issue of a company knowingly defrauding customers.

But in many homeowner's defense, nobody (well very few) predicted the Economy doing what it did and many people lost jobs, income, saving,s, etc.

Which takes me to the other main issue which has to do with Wall Street.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:08 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This independent research is seriously flawed. When one starts with an unshakable conclusion and works backwards, it becomes convenient to ignore data that challenges preconceived notions.
Except it didn't happen that way. I stumbled on the Fannie Mae Foundation's year 2000 publication documenting the fact that HUD wanted lenders to make no doc liar loans for those who would not otherwise qualify for them by accident.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:07 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
What interview were you listening to? This woman is a babbling idiot. While I don't always agree with Schiff's delivery, he completely schools this woman.
Yeah...she didn't come off very well in that interview for sure.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yeah...she didn't come off very well in that interview for sure.
I had to laugh when she said she was a 1% and would be happy to write a check to pay 50% but when asked why doesn't she, she went off the rails and diverted. Liberal 1% loons.

The guy at the end was getting it. If there were more like him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies