Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 AM

995 posts, read 1,115,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
He took things too far but legally there is nothing to be done.
Even if it happened yesterday,there generally has to be marks or bruises left.
Getting the belt wasnt uncommon in my house growing up but spanking someone with CP?
And the horrible things he was saying.Honestly,words would have hurt me much more than..
The belt when i was a kid.
From everything I've read about his, it's my opinion that his daughter isn't looking for charges to be made. She wants his re-election this Tuesday to be a fail, and she wants him to get the help she thinks he still needs.
I also hope that any other child going through the same thing and seeing this, will find the courage to tell someone outside their family.
And I'm sorry to say, that includes people posting here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well from what I read. The police say they would have charged him with a crime if it had not been past the statute of limitations.
Odd, what I read was "they viewed the tape and the events did not rise to the level of a criminal offense and even if it had the statue of limitations have expired by this time."

Your's was a very interesting interpretation of those words. I got exactly the opposite opinion from them.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
One can only believe that the above post is either sarcasm or someone suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Go ahead and make yourself believe what you wish. It is no skin off my nose how you fool yourself as long as I don't have to believe it too.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Odd, what I read was "they viewed the tape and the events did not rise to the level of a criminal offense and even if it had the statue of limitations have expired by this time."

Your's was a very interesting interpretation of those words. I got exactly the opposite opinion from them.
I read "Judges" in the Bible, but got nothing out of it.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Actually, you go on to defend this judge with the rest of your apologist post.

I am surprised you feel my pointing out objective facts in the video is defending the judge. That must mean you believe that defended by the facts of the situation.

Quote:
Gee, how selfish of her! What, do you think she should have taken them in the torso, or the head?
I think a person used to being punished or abused would attempt to receive the blows on an aread of the body least likely to sustain damage. Since the judge was swinging lower than the waist, it is highly unlikely that the torso or head could have been hit. I am curious as to why you felt her head or torso was in danger based on what was in the video? Is your anatomy different that the rest of us? I did not see her head anywhere near her a$$.

Quote:
Yep... the daughter's actually victimizing the judge... uh huh...

Keep smacking. It seems to be working.

Quote:
So, you have no idea what upset the judge, yet you're certain it was his daughter's fault?

Hey, good thing you're not defending the judge...

[MOD CUT]
I think I mentioned in my response that I felt the daughter had manipulated the situation to this result since she had the foresight to setup the video camera and the parents appeared to have no idea it was there. That indicated foreknowledge on her part and some considerable control of the situation. Based on that, yes, I am fairly sure it was her fault.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's 10 years for a felony. 5 years for a non-felony.

The spanking wasn't felony abuse. It was non-felony.

I didn't see any abuse in that video - I saw a Father using a belt to spank his kid.
what?
I saw a man with no self control. I saw a man beating a teenager leaving the room and coming back with something else to beat her some more.

I always felt that beating a child, is a reflection of one's immensely poor parenting skills rather than the error of the child.

I got spanked as a kid.
That video...was abuse. (and that woman in the video calls herself a mother)

Old 11-06-2011, 09:35 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
I got physically ill from watching that horrible monster and the she-monster beating that poor girl. I am the mother of a 4 year old w/ cerebral palsy, and I know the struggles that people with this condition endure on a daily basis. And these miserable piles of excrement add abuse to her already difficult life. I can't say on here what I wish to become of those two.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:12 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,522,763 times
Update:

Texas judge has visits with daughter limited - Yahoo! News

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — A Texas family law judge seen beating his older daughter in a video she posted on YouTube has been placed under a temporary restraining order, and his ex-wife's attorney said Friday it effectively prevents him from visiting his younger daughter.

Under the order issued Thursday by another judge, Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams is forbidden from visiting his 10-year-old daughter without getting permission from the girl's mother, his ex-wife. The order also says Adams can't disparage the woman or drink alcohol within 24 hours of seeing his child.

The district attorney and federal prosecutors both declined to bring charges against William Adams, but the State Commission on Judicial Conduct continues its investigation.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:23 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
What I want to know is why did she have a cam hidden in her room? Did she try to make her parents mad and tempt them into beating her? If she did, then this is partly her fault.

However, even if that were the case, that still doesn't make it okay for parents to beat her like that.

Of course this was horrible, but I don't understand why she waited so long to report this and why this created such a huge news story especially considering the fact that it happened nearly a decade ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies