Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 03:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
Go to the FBI crime statistics page and get real information instead of comparing one crime ridden city in Mexico and extrapolating to all Mexicans. The Mexican crime rate is lower than Blacks and higher than Whites. Mexicans have 3 times the violent crime rate of whites, blacks are between 7-8 the rate of whites. I'm no fan of massive immigration and Mexican violent crime is a definite problem but facts are facts.
It seems that's what you're doing about black crime -- extrapolating. Ciudad Juarez is a much much more dangerous city than any black city in the USA, but so is Chihuahua, Tijuana, Culiacan, Monterrey.

It's not just the number of homicides but the gruesome kinds of crimes, the decapitations, the leaving of body parts, burning people while alive that has become very common in many parts of Mexico -- nothing like hanging corpses, decapitated heads left on park benches is going on in any black city.

This kind of crime in the OP is common place in Mexico -- only there the victim would have been bound and gagged and his head sawed off while he was alive. Or he would have been set on fire while alive. Or dumped into a mass burial pit with 70 others. Murder in Mexico is much more spectacular than anything blacks here have come up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 03:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
At any rate, while I know something happened, the police never captured the 4 men, no more reports of any more rapes of any Mexican men, I'm beginning to wonder what all is really happened.

Something doesn't quite pass the smell test as local news isn't making any big deal out of it -- you would think a crime like this would be a bigger deal in a city that prides itself on it's safeness.

And the neighbors of the man apparently aren't overly concerned about the incident:

70-year-old Man Raped Nearly to Death | KTSM News Channel 9

By Lauren Zimmerman - Web Producer
Friday, November 4, 2011 - 12:25pm
Socorro - After a 70 year-old man was taken, beaten and sexually assaulted during his morning walk yesterday morning some neighbors say, they're not concerned.
NewsChannel 9 went to the park where the attack happened, find out why neighbors think the area is still safe tonight.

What's up with that? Supposedly 4 men rape a guy because of his race and his mostly hispanic neighbors aren't too concerned?

Old 11-06-2011, 03:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At any rate, while I know something happened, the police never captured the 4 men, no more reports of any more rapes of any Mexican men, I'm beginning to wonder what all is really happened.

Something doesn't quite pass the smell test as local news isn't making any big deal out of it -- you would think a crime like this would be a bigger deal in a city that prides itself on it's safeness.

And the neighbors of the man apparently aren't overly concerned about the incident:

70-year-old Man Raped Nearly to Death | KTSM News Channel 9

By Lauren Zimmerman - Web Producer
Friday, November 4, 2011 - 12:25pm
Socorro - After a 70 year-old man was taken, beaten and sexually assaulted during his morning walk yesterday morning some neighbors say, they're not concerned.
NewsChannel 9 went to the park where the attack happened, find out why neighbors think the area is still safe tonight.

What's up with that? Supposedly 4 men rape a guy because of his race and his mostly hispanic neighbors aren't too concerned?
This incident actually doesn't pass the smell test to me. I believe that the man was probably assaulted by those related to the violent drug cartels. And this man would not dare to identify those guys as his attackers. That is also why I feel the neighbor's are not expressing concern. And considering the demographics of the town (and that of near by El Paso) I seriously doubt that one of the 0.3% of the Black residents would risk being targeted by the 97.1% of the Hispanic residents as the result of such a crime.

Hispanic - 30,331 (97.1%)
White alone - 498 (1.6%)
American alone - 253 (0.8%)
Black alone - 86 (0.3%)
Other race alone - 38 (0.1%)
Two or more races - 23 (0.07%)
Asian alone - 11 (0.04%)

This case smells worse that the Duke lacrosse rape allegations.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Rape should be a death penalty offense as it used to be once long ago.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:25 PM

108 posts, read 89,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It seems that's what you're doing about black crime -- extrapolating. Ciudad Juarez is a much much more dangerous city than any black city in the USA, but so is Chihuahua, Tijuana, Culiacan, Monterrey.

It's not just the number of homicides but the gruesome kinds of crimes, the decapitations, the leaving of body parts, burning people while alive that has become very common in many parts of Mexico -- nothing like hanging corpses, decapitated heads left on park benches is going on in any black city.

This kind of crime in the OP is common place in Mexico -- only there the victim would have been bound and gagged and his head sawed off while he was alive. Or he would have been set on fire while alive. Or dumped into a mass burial pit with 70 others. Murder in Mexico is much more spectacular than anything blacks here have come up with.
Again, I agree that some Mexican towns are extremely violent. I am referencing FBI crime statistics for the U.S.. If I wanted to extrapolate something to black criminality I would choose Liberia - but that
argument would not hold much water in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies